204 Ruger reamer

Discussion in 'Small Stuff--22s, 20s, and 17s' started by JSH, Nov 5, 2019.

1. JSH

JSH

Zero freebore?
    Anyone have a better mouse trap for this?

I tossed around the 20P and decided against it. Just don’t want to fool with another wildcat. I looked in my supplies and I have enough brass and bullets to wear out a barrel.

2. 17VLD

17VLD

I’m sure Greg Tannel has one,he does throating as a separate operation and likes zero free bore for most small calibers.Kevin Weaver has a list of all his reamers on his website and Kevin’s claim to fame is that he will buy a reamer for your project if he doesn’t already have it.Both are in Colorado and both really like killing varmints with small calibers.
    Matt

3. Coyotefurharvester

Coyotefurharvester

Long rifles Inc lists a 0.09 freebore reamer for the 204 ruger. My last 3 rem bolt builds(local smith) I had Manson reamers made, has worked well for me. Rifle chambers are exactly what I want.

4. JSH

JSH

The reason I ask was the 204 doesn’t seem to mind any jump, at least the two I have don’t, CZ and a Savage.

So with zero free bore, then with shooting over time may still give useable service after the throat wears? Short of heat cracking issues of coarse.