2018 Nevada State Long Range Championship

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by NV Highpower, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Scott Harris

Scott Harris Silver $$ Contributor

Congrats to Addison, Lane, and Niklas. I sat next to Addison the whole weekend and his technique was flawless: laid down the fire when the winds were steady and knew when to wait. This was a Really fun match and made some new Nevada friends! Reno is such a beautiful town and Lake Tahoe is a short drive away...gorgeous mountain views! The range was Tough with a capital "T". I thought Raton was tough, this is tougher. As Niklas said, the terrain features and high winds combine to make it a real learning experience. Ben Lucchesi said that no records will probably ever be set at his range, except for most misses in one match. I'd have to agree after seeing 6 simultaneous misses out of the 11 targets in the air...more than once...lol. In fact, my wife set a new record for lowest score I've ever seen...without any misses...lol. But she was still smiling. Good times.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. kohai133

kohai133

Looks like everyone had challenging but great time. Am I reading the score sheets correctly, Lane shot Palma and F T/R?

NV Highpower likes this.
  3. NV Highpower

NV Highpower

Yes. Lane entered the match twice and relied on paid target service in order to shoot both divisions.

4. JCUtah

JCUtah

Big thanks to the Nevada club members. Lots of team work and the time in planning was obvious. On top of being of that they were welcoming and helpful.

I got to hang out with Monte all weekend. That was a lot of fun to see him again. He was a great sport during all my confusion.

Top shelf crew and thanks for everything.

And that range.......the wind can blow weird enough to confuse 10 flags and the mirage at the same time.

Tahoe Shark, NV Highpower and Monte F like this.
  5. NV Highpower

NV Highpower

Thank you for joining us for this match! I'm glad you found our little range amusing :)

Your feedback is important to us as well. Point taken on the squadding. We would have liked to squadded the second day differently, but given time constraints, we opted for efficiency. We learned a lot running this match and we're already planning improvements for next year. We'll be sending out a survey shortly to gather feedback about some of the ideas we're considering to make the match quicker and funner.

I also enjoyed having dinner with you, your wife and everyone else that was able to attend. Come back soon and we'll share some of our other local hotspots!

JCUtah and Scott Harris like this.
  6. NV Highpower

NV Highpower

Scott - it was really great seeing you and Christine at the match. Thank you for making the effort to come up all the way from AZ. We truly appreciate the effort. Thanks for the feedback too. We're going to solicit feedback on some ideas we're considering for next year.

"I though Raton was touch, this is tougher" ... those are some bold words :) You already know my opinion, but I think you'll have a hard time convincing others until they come visit us next spring for the 2019 Nevada State Long Range Championships!

I will say this, Dave Minoggio and I will be ready! Only 5 of us showed up Monday to shoot, so instead of anything formal, Dave and I spent 2 hours evaluating conditions and trying to call each others shots - sometimes coaching, other time simultaneously shooting to double verify. It was a lot of fun and extremely educational. I shoot at this range at least 4 time a month - I don't know why I don't do this type of training more often... that changes now!

See you in Raton!

Tahoe Shark, JCUtah and Scott Harris like this.
  7. NV Highpower

NV Highpower

JCUtah and swd like this.
  8. NV Highpower

NV Highpower

We certainly enjoyed having you there and thank you for the positive feedback! We'll make sure that the event doesn't conflict with Montana so you can come back next year.

JCUtah likes this.
  9. Mastershot

Mastershot

Hey it was good meeting you, thanks for keeping score for me. Someday I will have to try and make it up there and shoot a AR tactical prone match with you at your range.

JCUtah likes this.
  10. Down South

Down South FTR Junkie Gold $$ Contributor

Looks like y'all had a great match with challenging conditions, congrats to the winners! I would love to shoot this match. Maybe next year.......:)

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Monte F and NV Highpower like this.
  11. JCUtah

JCUtah

The welcome mat is ready for you....

The score keeping was easy. You helping me get 19 shots for record in around the last 9 minutes of the match, that was huge. Thank you.

NV Highpower, Mastershot and Monte F like this.
  12. Tahoe Shark

Tahoe Shark Gold $$ Contributor

Addison and I showed up on Monday to pull targets for those who wanted to shoot. I was pretty tired from working the 4 days so my rifle stayed at home. We both had a great time giving the few shooters some good natured ribbing from the pits.

Cheryl and I can’t attend Raton because we have standing reservations in Ft Bragg, Ca for 3 weeks of deep sea fishing and kayaking fun at the same dates.

Thanks to all who attended.

NV Highpower and Monte F like this.
  13. bsumoba

bsumoba Silver $$ Contributor

Kayaking and Deep Sea Fishing...that would be a hard choice for me as well. If you told me I can do a 5 day tuna trip in San Diego vs F-Class Nationals, I would easily choose the 5 day tuna trip...

Tahoe Shark likes this.