2017 Seekins Precision Louisiana Championship- Results

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by RStewart, Oct 9, 2017.

1. RStewart

RStewart FTR and FPR Competitor Gold $$ Contributor

2017 Seekins Louisiana Championship Match

First, we want to thank Seekins Precision for being the overall sponsor of the match.

We also want to thank the following for their very nice contributions to the prize table-

Defiance Actions

Nightforce Scopes

Burris

Krieger

Interstate Guns

Palo Alto

Whidden

Redding

LE Wilson

Brux Barrels

Sierra Bullets

Cutting Edge Bullets

Lapua

Decot

Joe Mistretta

Lanny Russell

Thanks to Vaughan McDonald and Karl “with a K” Schroder for handling pit duties, Rob Westfall for helping with the line duties, Joe Mistretta for handling collecting and redistributing scorecards and Tammy and Brittany Stewart for handling statistics. These folks efforts allowed the match to flow smoothly.

31 diehard shooters decided they were not going to let a little thing like Hurricane Nate stop them from shooting. Although we had to deal with some rain early, by mid-match on Saturday the rains were gone and by early Sunday we began getting sunshine and blue skies. Weather had such a small overall impact that all 3 strings on Saturday were completed by 12:30. We thank all those who made the drive from places such as Tennessee, Missouri, Texas and Mississippi. We also had a competitor from down under (Australia) shoot with us.

There were 14 shooting Open and at the end of Day 1, Shawn Broussard was in the lead with a 600-43X.

Close on his heals were Fredrick Sjodin with a 600-41X and Jerry Boudreau with a 600-40X. One point behind at 599 were Brian Bowling, Barry Holcomb and Robin Ardoin.

Day 2 was another dogfight, but at the end of it all, Shawn Broussard took the win shooting a 1000-69X. 2nd Place went to Jerry Boudreaux with a 999-65X. 3rd Place went to Robin Ardoin with a 998-63X. 1st High Master was Brian Bowling with a 997-80X and Barry Holcomb rounded out the Open group taking 2nd High Master with a 997-70X.

There were 17 on the TR side. Craig Martin came out fast and the end of Day 1 sat atop the leaderboard with a 599-40. This is also a new range record. Not far behind Craig were Jade Delcambre and Raymond Nallie.

Day 2 was another close battle, but Craig held on to take the win with a 994-59X. 2nd Place went to Jade Delcambre with a 991-51X and Raymond Nallie took 3rd Place with a 991-49X. First High Master was Ray Weaver with a 989-48X. Dwight Hebert was 1st Master with a 984-47X and Lawrence Beech was 2nd Master with a 982-40X. Craig Decoteau was tops in Expert with a 972-31X.

Some great shooting by all.
    upload_2017-10-9_8-44-56.png

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    johnnyi, B Mize and Highpower-FClass like this.
  2. rjnallie

rjnallie

I still can't believe you guys pulled it of with Hurricane Nate coming right at us. Thanks for waiting it out and putting on a great match. I really liked having the two relays on Sunday, it made getting home a little easier. Thanks again
    Raymond

johnnyi and Highpower-FClass like this.
  3. Down South

Down South FTR Junkie

Great match as usual Rick, big thanks to all you guys that put it on and to all the sponsors for the great prizes. Glad the storm moved farther east than originally predicted and didn't cancel the match. Congrats to everyone who shot well and especially the winners. Shawn & Craig put on a clinic this weekend, I was happy for them both as they were definitely dialed in.......;)

Also, congrats to Craig for the new Palo Alto range record in FTR (599-40X) that was shot Saturday in conditions that were not calm. That was/is a incredible score for a 600 yard 60 shot agg match that will be tough to top.......:)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    johnnyi, ShootDots, Gb300wm and 2 others like this.
  4. Highpower-FClass

Highpower-FClass Gold $$ Contributor

Than you to Rick, Vaughn and all of the top-notch crew at Palo Alto, what a great match!

Ray Weaver and I were debating up to the last minute as to whether we would chance it and go even though the predictions for Nate were dire at that time. We made the right decision, in spades. Not only does Rick run great matches, he also has incredible pull with the weather :D Two flawless days of shooting in great company.

Congratulations to Craig Martin on winning TR, phenomenal shooting, and to Shawn Broussard for winning Open, shooting a perfect 1000, incredible!

ShootDots and Gb300wm like this.
  5. rardoin

rardoin Silver $$ Contributor

A great match and great camaraderie!

Shawn and Craig were extraordinary. Not to mention Bowling and his 80 X's!!! I would mention Holcomb but he only shot 70 X's...meh:D.

Thanks again to the sponsors and all those who contributed to allow this match to happen!

And kudo's to those guys that made the trek from other states to compete...always welcome.

6. skiutah02

skiutah02 Gold $$ Contributor

This one is on the bucket list. Fun group to be sure (and tough competition!). Drew

7. ShootDots

ShootDots Gold $$ Contributor

I have stated on many occasions that Palo Alto sports some of the finest Mid-Range shooters anywhere in the country. Look at the scores and you will see what I am talking about! It was always my favorite place to shoot! I miss the competition sorely!! Great shooting guys!!!

Gb300wm likes this.
  8. Gb300wm

Gb300wm

Wow, a great match it was and the competition was as stiff as anywhere. Congrats to Shawn and Craig on some fantastic shooting in some tricky conditions and rain.
    I would also like to thank our fantastic crew at Palo Alto. Rick is sure a weatherman like no one else.
    I would also like to thank all our sponsors listed. You guys make this match what it is.
    I enjoyed the match and the comaraderie here is top notch. A great group.

9. rardoin

Ben, your post concerning load performance differences between sea level and Arizona have me a little concerned taking my Palo Alto load out to the Berger SWN in Feb. Tell me it ain't so!!!:(

10. ShootDots

My one .260A.I., which was shooting H4831SC actually shot better! However, my 6.5 x 47 shot HORRIBLY! My .284 needed redoing and my Dasher needed redoing! In BOTH the Dasher and the 6.5 x 47 I had to completely start from scratch and ended up changing powders. I WAS using RL-15 in both rifles and ended up using Varget in both.. I would advise to use the MOST temp stable powders available and get the W-I-D-E-S-T window you can. I would suggest a window of +/- 0.2 grs on either side of your load at a minimum.. Then you should be good.

11. rardoin

Thanks Ben...now back to our regularly scheduled program.........

Snuggie and ShootDots like this.
  12. RStewart

If anyone is wondering how the new surface at the 600 yard firing line felt, Brian Bowling was walking around in his socks on it. :)

6mmTAC40 likes this.
  13. RStewart

Takk, Fredrick!

Highpower-FClass likes this.
  14. bholcomb

bholcomb

My favorite match of the year! Thanks Rick and Vaughan for running a smooth and efficient match. There’s always some really tough competition and fantastic scores shot.

15. johnnyi

johnnyi Gold $$ Contributor

Wow..! Another dose of extremely fine shooting from many! Congratulations to Shawn and Craig to collect your wins from the hornets nest... :)

ShootDots likes this.
  16. Southern shooter 59

Southern shooter 59 Gold $$ Contributor

Great match in every area. I enjoyed the shooting and the people. Congratulations to the winners, but most of all thanks to Rick and the crew who made it possible.

Gb300wm and rardoin like this.
  17. Snuggie

Snuggie F/TR-F/Open Gold $$ Contributor

Shawn and Craig make a very challenging situation look like a walk in the park!! Awesome shooting guys! Congrats to all the winners! Really great to see old friends again and make new ones!( we missed you Ben!! ) Rick,Vaughn, Rob, and Joe did one hell of a job making the match run without a hitch. I think Rick missed his calling.....Weather Man!

18. ShootDots

T-Rust me Dwight, I miss Y'all very much too! One of these centuries I will make it back!

Snuggie likes this.
  19. rardoin

I was hoping some of my fellow Hornets would make the trek out to Phoenix in February for the Berger SWN. Looks like I'll be the lone representative.:(

20. rardoin

It is like shooting off a Tempurpedic matress! It was very awkward the first time I set up on it but was able to adapt after a string. I recall Shawn casting a sceptical eye at the first match after install.....I don't recall seeing that look of disgust this past weekend:D.