2013 Spirit of America Fullbore National Champoinships Raton New Mexico

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by RCurtis, Sep 8, 2013.

1. RCurtis

RCurtis

Day one of this great championship is in the books. Emil Kovan leads the pack by one over Justin Skaret and Trudie Fay with Nancy Tompkins nearby in fourth place. John Gaines leads a very small F Open contingent and Tommy Cunningham leads F/TR. Conditions for the morning mid range component was typical light winds. After lunch the competitors shooting the first three relay's at 900 were treated to some brutal fish-tailing winds from the south that laid down just a bit for the fourth relay.

2. FroggyOne2

FroggyOne2

Go Emil

3. 7MM-RAHM

7MM-RAHM Your only as good as your equipment

Any updates on scores and conditions??

4. RCurtis

RCurtis

SOA alternates individual and team matches daily. Today was the first team day so tomorrow they will be back on the line shooting individual. Day one Team results can be seen here http://www.baldeaglesrc.org/Resources/Documents/2013%20SOA/SOA2013TEAM_1.pdf
    Yesterdays complete day one results are up and can be seen here http://www.baldeaglesrc.org/Resources/Documents/2013%20SOA/SOA2013DAY1.pdf

5. 7MM-RAHM

7MM-RAHM Your only as good as your equipment

Thanks Rick! Looks like my buddy's William and Bo hood took first!!!! Way to go gentleman!!

6. RCurtis

RCurtis

Day two individual matches are in the book Tom Whitacker was the overall winner today. The overall agg is, as usual shaping up to be a dogfight. Trudie Fay now leads the match down five, Emil Kovan down six is in second Nancy and Whitacker are both down eight with Nancy ahead on X's. In F class Bob Mead knocked it out of the park again in Open and it looks like Lige Harris switched to F-Tr for day two and stomped a mudhole in his division rivals.

All of day two results can be seen here http://www.baldeaglesrc.org/Resources/Documents/2013%20SOA/SOA2013DAY2.pdf

7. clowdis

clowdis

Nice 449 by Whitaker. Winds must have been more co-operative on Tuesday? Looks like better scores all around.

8. RCurtis

RCurtis

When Tom gets in the zone he is simply unbeatable. A few years ago I was squadded next to him at SOA and despite fairly challenging winds he cleaned the course. When his last shot came up in the middle he looked back his scorekeeper Emily Farris and said " and that my dear is how its done" Class act and a great choice to lead the Veterans!

9. RCurtis

RCurtis

Team match is starting to get interesting and it looks like they cancelled the long lines today. All the team scores to date here http://www.baldeaglesrc.org/Resources/Documents/2013%20SOA/SOA2013COMBTM.pdf

10. RCurtis

RCurtis

WOW!!! They must have had had some awesome weather in Raton yesterday as no less than six perfect 450's were fired; four from the sling and two in F-Open!!! Full Day three results here http://www.baldeaglesrc.org/Resources/Documents/2013%20SOA/SOA2013DAY3.pdf

Final team day is today and the last day of individual is shot tomorrow

11. Rtheurer

Rtheurer

The Queen of Raton wins again...Hard to beat her in her own back yard. Last three days where plagued with rain and some good ole Raton fishtailing winds from the south.

Fun Match nontheless. Dont get to shoot two too the mound much here in the States and its a nice change of pace. Makes you a better shooter i believe as well, having to put your wind "guess" on every time you shoot a shot, instead of chasing the stupid spotter. Looking forward to shooting it in Camp Perry next year as well.

RussT

12. RCurtis

RCurtis

Russ,

I think we will be shooting string fire next year and the year after since the Worlds is here

13. Erik Cortina

Erik Cortina Team Lapua Brux Borden Captain Silver $$ Contributor

I think you mean Nationals and not Worlds. ;)

14. Mark Walker in TX

Mark Walker in TX

I'm confused, but that is nothing new...

Nationals is always shot string fire. Nat's is moving to Phoenix for the next two years.

SOA is actually a Fullbore match, so it is shot pair fired at the midrange yardages. SOA is always in Raton as it is the creation of the Bald Eagles.

Is there discussion of either changing their formats?

15. 280man

280man Silver $$ Contributor

Palma Worlds are at Perry in 2015

16. Rtheurer

Rtheurer

Correct the Fullbore Nationals will be held at Camp Perry along with our normal Long Range schedule and Trophies. I would imagine that just like in Raton we will shoot two to the mound for the Fullbore Nationals at 300,500 and 600 yards... Minus the 500 since Viale Does not have a 500 yard line.
    Why would we change the Fullbore National Format?

Russ T
    Hold Center