2 hour chuck hunt

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by 40X Guy, Jul 8, 2016.

1. 40X Guy

40X Guy Silver $$ Contributor

2 nights ago before it got warm I went out by myself into a recently cut field that has kept producing. This is 3rd time in a week same field and makes 20 chucks whacked. Field measures 550 yards long and 100 yards wide. Maybe 4 holes in the field but they come out like gangbusters from the edges. My son was working for next door neighbor and he could hear me shooting. Since we have a comp going this year for number of chucks I brought them home for him. lol. I have noticed that the chucks are pretty fat for this time of year and when running I can see the fat rolling. Maybe a bad winter cometh?

Frank

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  2. carnivore

carnivore Silver $$ Contributor

Nice pork pile 40x; they're pretty fat down here in the SE corner of PA as well. Keep up the good work. Who's winning the comp?

3. varmintshooter

varmintshooter

I really like it when I find a spot like that, good on you .

4. WyleWD

WyleWD Silver $$ Contributor

Great shooting Frank!! Daggone those are some fat chucks. Looks like something we'd see in November around here where there are some chucks.

And is that your new 'Benz SUV you're hauling them in?? Looks pretty sharp. I may have to come over and ride shotgun with ya in that thing some day. I'll by the ice cream.:) WD

5. 40X Guy

I am currently but only because I snuck out without son. lol. He does 2/3rds of the shooting when we go out together and i love being his spotter.

Frank

WyleWD likes this.
  6. 40X Guy

Yes my 22 year old Chevbenz series SUV... Come on up Wayne, we have Kintuck flavored "ice cream" up in these parts also!

Frank

WyleWD likes this.
  7. CM21VE

CM21VE

You know I just said the same thing the other day about the chucks around here, they are fatter than normal for this time of year.....

40X Guy likes this.