WANTED 11mm sight base adapter to redfield OR complete sight

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, Sights, Rings, Bases Etc.' started by bored184, Apr 4, 2020.

Trader History (17)
  1. bored184

bored184 Silver $$ Contributor

Looking for a 11mm adapter to mount a redfield type sight onto.

OR

A used Phoenix or Centra rear sight that could mount on an Anschutz rail.

USMCDOC likes this.
  2. USMCDOC

USMCDOC

You and me both!

3. shooting4aLEG

shooting4aLEG

I am looking for the same mount... someone must have a stash of them somewhere!

4. ColdStone

ColdStone

Looks like USMCDOC was quick on his find. Congrats!

For those that are still looking, I went through this years ago. I arrived at a number of solutions. I am not sure how many of these are still viable resources, but here are some avenues to try:

Bill Earnest - ESP; no website and you have to call; he has made Redfield/Warner/Etc. adapters for the Anschutz rail.

M. Werks, LLC - The owner makes a robust and very well-made Anschutz-Piccatinny rail that can be used with a Lipski Base. It is a great combo if you also shoot smallbore with a scope!

Lipski Base - Creedmoor Sports and others carry this.

Warner Tool Company - They make them for other actions and have occasionally made them for Anschutz, but I am not sure if they still do. They have suspended manufacture of their own sights for some time. Call?

Champion’s Choice - 6709 base is “Out of Stock”; again, call?

MT Guns - MAC Tilton modified a 54 Anschutz adapter for me so it would fit my 2013. Mac Retired and sold the gunsmithing operation to Mark Chesebro. Maybe get in touch with Mark. Additionally, Mac handed off distribution of certain products to John Whidden - Whidden Gunworks. He is another that I would contact.

Finally...
    Steve Satern - Satern Custom Machining and Satern Barrels. A long while ago, Steve machined two combo scope rails for me - Pic rails with the iron sight base adapter on the side. I am not sure if he would do them again. Alan Warner/Warner Tool used to offer a similar solution, but to make one for my Anschutz, they wanted me to send the action to them. That was probably 18-20 years ago.

Let me know if you find success! Good luck with your quests!!

USMCDOC and bored184 like this.
  5. ColdStone

ColdStone

Another possible option if any of you are willing/desiring to go the Picatinny rail route:

Mike Bykowski - High Performance International; his HPI sight adapter block would probably work. It is not listed on his site, but you might contact him and discuss.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    USMCDOC and bored184 like this.
  6. bored184

Fantastic, thank you! I will start making some calls Monday and see what I can come up with!

USMCDOC likes this.
  7. romas

romas

I have ESP 11mm to Redfield adapter sitting in the pile to be sold. Used few times before I got an original redfield one. If anyone needs it - hit me up with the offer.

8. bored184

PM sent!

9. bnice1

bnice1

Is ESP still in business? If so does anyone have there contact info

10. shooting4aLEG

shooting4aLEG

Were you able to find any? I am going to make some calls to the vendors above.

11. bored184

I did, however I would love to know what you find out though.

12. 1813benny

1813benny

It is my understanding that Bill is no longer making items for over a year now.

13. dc.fireman

dc.fireman Sling & Irons! Silver $$ Contributor

@MarkTrew can probably hook you up with a Centra rear sight with the correct base, either 11mm or Redfield side mount. I use both styles for smallbore, and centerfire, and sympathize with your dilemma.

Bill Earnest made great stuff while he was in business. The Warners made great stuff. Gary LaValley (Phoenix) made great stuff. The Lipski base is a viable option as well (I've used one until I could find a Redfield side mount base).

The Centra's with match rifle directions are really well made. So are their 'Spy' sights (which I bought from Mark for my 300M rifle).

Good luck!

hpshooter likes this.
  14. MarkTrew

MarkTrew Silver $$ Contributor

I think I have something great to offer soon. We are in the prototype stage starting next week of some rail adapters to mount a Redfield / Warner type sight.

At first glance, this is going to be head and shoulders above what we are used to.

I hope to have clearance to post pictures in about 10 - 14 days.

Thanks
    MarkTrew

bored184 and dc.fireman like this.
  15. 30EX

30EX Gold $$ Contributor

Any updates yet on that mount

The X-Man

16. hpshooter

hpshooter Gold $$ Contributor

"Bill Earnest made great stuff while he was in business."

Agree, I bought two mounts from Earnest Shooting Products when he was in business. Daughter now has one on her Anschutz and the other is on my prone rifle. Great man to deal with and very fair price for a quality piece.

dc.fireman likes this.