108 Berger

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by TerryPohl, Jan 22, 2019.

1. hoagiejoe

hoagiejoe Silver $$ Contributor

Hi Jay, Yes, an 8 twist and I have a 7.5 I just received for the day this one gives up the ghost. Admittedly, most of my 105 Hybrid testing was done with a different barrel (still 1:8). I have about 1500 rounds through this one so I hope to just keep shooting what I know it shoots so I can get through these last few winter matches and if I shoot this rifle (my best shooter) as little as possible, maybe get far along midrange season.

2. Jet

Jet Gold $$ Contributor

Jay

Just sharing my experience here. I know the Berger web site states a faster twist than an 8 is needed for the hybrids but I've never had a problem getting them to stabilize with an 8 twist. Even at 500' elevation and freezing temperatures.

comagutsa and snakepit like this.
  3. JayCutright

JayCutright Silver $$ Contributor

That doesn't surprise me one bit. I shot the hybrids some and found I shot inconsistent with them. I bought a 7.5 twist barrel to try them in but haven't shot it yet. I have not been to a match in almost 4 years with way to many other things to do right now I don't know when I will get around to testing the 7.5 twist barrel.

Jet likes this.
  4. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold $$ Contributor

I’ve been searching all evening for 108’s and no luck

Anyone have any success findjng these recently?

5. gambleone

gambleone Silver $$ Contributor

They have been very scarce for over a yr. Not sure what's going on.

6. Joe Salt

Joe Salt Silver $$ Contributor

Jay I was wondering what happened to you, living in Illinois who knows! Hope your doing well.

Joe Salt

7. swadiver

swadiver Silver $$ Contributor

a buddy e mailed Berger here is their response

Steve,
    We don't have either of these bullets in stock. The 6mm 80gr Varmint bullets look like they are about 30 days or so out in production. The 6mm 108 BT target bullets may be 60 days or so out. Our main efforts for the past few months have been geared to getting caught up with the bullets we are back ordered on. We are making headway on this. We produced more bullets than we ever have in 2018 and still got behind because of demand. I checked a few dealers and could not find these bullets either for you. Our apologies for this inconvenience . And we are working hard to resolve this issue.

Take care,

Phil Hoham
    Technical Support
    Capstone Precision Group, LLC

god forbid they increase their production capacity

8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold $$ Contributor

They created a bubble in the pipe line when they moved manufacturing locations and at the same time changed their distribution model. It looks like they’re having a hard time filling it.

9. Rick300

Rick300 Silver $$ Contributor

I have 1 unopened box and 1 opened with 67 in it, same lot, if anybody want to buy a small quanity.

10. McStocks

McStocks Gold $$ Contributor

If you haven't tried the 105 Hybrids, you're missing the boat. They work just fine in a 1 in 8" twist barrel. We have plenty of the 105s in stock and are waiting on the 108s - $160/500. Let us know if you want to be notified when we receive the 108s.
    Steve
    steve@mcgeestocks.com

Chad717 likes this.
  11. JayCutright

JayCutright Silver $$ Contributor

Living in Illinois can be very uncertain and challenging every day.
    If the constant weather changes aren't enough there's the cults drugging and manipulating those of us that refuse to give in to extortion.
    They have screwed me something awful, drugged me on anti-androgen drugs more than once, but I'm still alive.
    Still doing some perty decent gun work too!

12. Joe Salt

Joe Salt Silver $$ Contributor

Jay good to hear your doing well. Hope to see you again at one of the big matches this year.

Joe Salt