1010 dampener blade.

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Jurry45, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Jurry45

Jurry45

Can anyone post the dimensions of the dampener blade for their RCBS 1010 scale? Or perhaps weigh it so i can make one.

I have a scale that is missing the blade, not sure what happened but it came from a family member and I'd like to keep it. Missing blade but the mounting screw is still there.

No one has a replacement available but i can make one out of copper sheet, and knowing the dimensions would help to make this an hour or two project instead of a 2 day/2 week project futzing around with it.

2. 1066

Yes, I can do that - I've made them out of copper sheet myself. Unfortunately I'm just off out so it will have to be tomorrow.

3. Jurry45

Jurry45

That's awesome thank you!

These a really pretty good scales with agate pivot rests, and when I called RCBS and Ohaus they both acted like I was trying to find parts for a scale from their 1890 lineup.

Rsadams likes this.
  4. 47WillysGuy

47WillysGuy

5. 1066

I can't do better than that. - Dimensions and shape not really critical, as long as it has the same weight above the screw hole as below. Any total weight difference can be adjusted by the tare weights in the box under the pan. An inch or so of plumbing pipe flattened out will provide the copper or aluminium sheet will also work.

6. MGYSGT

MGYSGT Silver $$ Contributor

Maybe they did it on purpose. Are the weights still in the cup under the pan holder?

7. Jurry45

Jurry45

It seems to clearly have been removed, the weights are still in the cup and it won't balance without the added weight of the blade. The attachment screw was still they're so it doesn't appear that it fell off.

I also have a redding and and Ohaus 505 but there is a mismatch of hangers and pans for them. Overall, I like the 10-10 because it has agate pivot rests, can be covered with the beam stored inside instead of getting knocked around on a busy work bench.

SPJ likes this.