10/22 Scope?

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by Gary Schiefelbein, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Gary Schiefelbein

Gary Schiefelbein

Looking for recommendations on a scope for a 10/22.This will mainly be a paper puncher.Trying to stay under 200.

2. Mark W

Mark W Gold $$ Contributor

Mueller is probably my favorite lower cost scope. I three of their 8-32x44 scopes that I use on rimfires and light recoiling varmint rifles. It might be a little over your $200 price tag.

Camera Land NY has a good sale right now on a models of Athlon Argos. I have one of those as well but I don’t like it as much as The Muellers.

rr2030 likes this.
  3. Lefty Trigger

Lefty Trigger Silver $$ Contributor

I have a Mueller on my A22 Mag and it is a good scope but it does have issues with repeatability with the turrets. On my B22 bolt gun I have a Bushnell Rimfire that is 6-18x40 and it a really great scope. The turrets track well and it is really clear plus the 18 power could easily get you out to 200 yards if need be. Right now Amazon has that scope for $117.00

Mark W likes this.
  4. Mark W

That Bushnell Rimfire is a nice looking scope for the money!! I might have to try one.

5. Lefty Trigger

It even comes with extra turrets for 22LR and 17HMR but I just use the one marked off in inches. Only thing I wish it had different is 1/8 inch clicks instead of 1/4

rr2030 and Mark W like this.
  6. 55fairlane

55fairlane

For my money.....4x12 sightron SI about $160....add a set of good rings and you in for $200

Now that being said.....my wife bought me a BS sweet 22 for my birthday and I mounted it on top on a 10/22 I have, and I tell ya at something like $60 (local at gander) I like it....clear glass, focus is nice.....I like it....

Aaron

Peebles24 likes this.
  7. jpx2rk

jpx2rk

I have a Nikon 22 rimfire on a couple, the bdc is a bit busy but a decent scope.

8. Mark W

I agree about the Nikon BDC. I own one and and it lives in a drawer....lol

9. NorCalMikie

NorCalMikie Gold $$ Contributor

Whichever one you decide on, make sure it's for a RIMFIRE!!
    Had an older Leupold 4 power on my 10/22. After a short time, the cross hairs fell out and were rattling around in the tube.
    Life time warranty so I shipped it back to Leupold. Got it back in short order BUT, they installed the WRONG cross hairs in it. Oh well, at least I got it repaired.
    Mounted it back up and got to shooting. Wasn't too long after, the cross hairs fell out again. (???):mad: Shipped it back and had it repaired AGAIN and this time they installed the proper cross hairs. ;)
    THEN, I was told that that model wasn't made for the recoil of the 10/22???:rolleyes: Whatever.
    Lost all my faith in Leupold. Be careful what you spend your $$ on.

MrMajestic and simo hayha like this.
  10. Gary Schiefelbein

Gary Schiefelbein

Now that's funny.

11. Lefty Trigger

I have heard of issues with silencers but not scopes? One would think if it would hold up to a 338 Lapua mag it would work on a 22 rimfire, who wudda thought...

12. Gary Schiefelbein

Gary Schiefelbein

Here's the short list
    Si 4x12
    Si rimfire
    Nikon p rimfire
    Athlon neos 4x12

13. Rem72043722

Rem72043722

If you are into serious paper punching, you may want more magnification than 12X. I have several Mueller's (6-18x; 4.5-14; 8-32x target) and I have not experienced troubles with repeatability of turrets. IMO, probably the best bang for the $$ in your price parameters.

Mark W likes this.
  14. Rsadams

Rsadams

Nikon or vortex , I have both on Rimfire rifles , the vortex is a little nicer for the money.... Crossfire is a nice cheap scope , don't let the made in China fool you on this one and I hate China crap... ... I have two of them and have had zero problems , even one on a .308.... Plus vortex warranty is outstanding from what I hear , although I have never had to use it....

Go to some place and look through them so you can get what you want... If your talking about competition , then $200 is not enough...

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Mark W likes this.
  15. Gary Schiefelbein

Gary Schiefelbein

I do like Vortex.Have the 2x7 Scout on a T/C .223 pistol.

Attached Files:

16. Rsadams

Rsadams

I bought one on sale ( Vortex ) just to try one... I liked it so much I bought another for a 10/22 just the other day.... The thing that helps is to simply go and look through them , Nikon , Leupold , Vortex and see which one looks nice... These days $200 is a good place to start , then they go up by double.... For me the Vortex glass and cross hairs were what I was looking for , next would be Leupold.... I agree the Nikon p- Rimfire is a great scope but busy , I have one on a short barrel Ruger American Rimfire...I like it but it's parallax is set for 50 yards... But then again I shoot it 50-75 yards...

17. NorCalMikie

NorCalMikie Gold $$ Contributor

For punching paper, think about a "fixed power". That's what I use on most of my rigs for killing paper. Tasco, BSA and Tru Glo. Either 24, 32 or 36. All around $100.00. I can see bullet holes out to 100 + yards with no problems.
    And if you bang your scope :eek:, you havn't lost much. Can't see having a scope mounted that costs more than the rig it's on.;)

18. 300_whisper

300_whisper Silver $$ Contributor

I have the Bushnell AR 22 optic in 2-7x32. It’s a really nice scope. I use the little Bdc out to 200 yards and hit water bottles with ease. Can be yours at bass pro, academy, or wal Mart $130! Here it is on my ruger 10/22 target.

2213A752-17A8-4DFE-A0DF-975C821E5A63.jpeg

Rsadams likes this.
  19. Gary Schiefelbein

Gary Schiefelbein

Went with a new old stock Swift.The one with the gold lettering.Its 6.5x20x44.Favorable reviews on RFC.Has the magnifacation I need.

20. coldboreshot

coldboreshot

The Weaver "Classic" rimfire series. Modestly priced under 200 and very good.