10/22 Clone Recent Targets with Standard Plus

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by USMCDOC, Dec 29, 2017.

1. 1shot

1shot Site $$ Sponsor

My bad, I posted the wrong Pic! I just try and sty current during the cold months, nothing serious. Shot with Standard plus ammo. 0425101339a.jpg

LA50SHOOTER, daleboy and USMCDOC like this.
  2. USMCDOC

USMCDOC Silver $$ Contributor

Still good shooting Lloyd

daleboy likes this.
  3. rkittine

rkittine Gold $$ Contributor

My first rifle was a Mossberg 22 target rifle with peep sites. Shot the NRA indoor course at 50 feet. Still have all the medals and bars from those days now long gone.

Bob

hpshooter, daleboy and USMCDOC like this.
  4. 1shot

1shot Site $$ Sponsor

Thank you USMCDOC . I only compete in MR-LR prone, but enjoy the challenge of the RF in the off season. Probably wouldn't join a club just to shoot the RF, but am blessed to have 50' indoors at my house.
    Thanks,

Lloyd

USMCDOC likes this.
  5. 6ShotsOr5?

6ShotsOr5? Gold $$ Contributor

Doc please tell us about the muzzle device on this rifle. Looks like some sort of tuner. If so, how much difference have you seen with this.

6. USMCDOC

It is a tuner.. one that is sold through Joe Chacon..

seymour fish likes this.
  7. mrh1958

mrh1958

I have seen a few Ruger actions that did quite well, like one with a Bartlein barrel smithed by a top level BR gunsmith shot groups and scores at 50 yards that were unreal.

USMCDOC likes this.
  8. USMCDOC

Shot these targets this past thurs.. winds were up to 15 mph or more at times.. and it was cold! All targets were shot with Center-X.. and to tell you the truth. i couldn't really see that much difference between it and the Standard Plus.. there is a good chance that i may sell what Center-X i have left! We'll see.. i have one more rifle to test it in.

20180105_072531.jpg 20180105_072446.jpg 20180105_072607.jpg 20180105_072626.jpg

9. Coalminer

Coalminer

Doc I see the chacon name do you shoot any of there matches.Just wondering I live in al. and there’s not much around me as far as competition matches. The gun range I’m in don’t have anything formal or informal.Boring just my son an me.but I did get targets from Lisa chacon.

10. USMCDOC

I am in Upper East Tn. Kettlefoot..will be doing ABRA matches starting in Apr here.. and have two matches a month.. one regular 4 club match and one 4 card money match

seymour fish and Coalminer like this.
  11. shoot4fun

shoot4fun Gold $$ Contributor

Don't know where in AL you reside but, if close enough, you should check out the 22 Sniper Match at Brocks Gap Range in Birmingham. The course of fire requires sixty rounds plus sighters and is fired on steel targets at distances starting at 50 yards and going out to 200 yards. All from prone unless you can't do the prone thing. Then they allow firing from a bench.
    Also, if you like centerfire long range shooting, there is a 500 yard BR match at the same range. We have divisions for the modified and factory rifles there so you can "shoot what you bring".
    The range is private and member only except all matches are open to the public.
    http://www.brocksgap.com

Coalminer likes this.
  12. Coalminer

Coalminer

Thanks Doc an shoot4fun I do live close to bham I shoot at fop range at pleasant grove. I will definitely look at brocksgap thanks for the info..My son an I would like to shoot some competition just 4fun an to meet people.God Blesss

USMCDOC likes this.