Powder Valley Sinclair Int'l Midsouth Shooters Bruno Shooters' Supply Bullets.com Shooting Supplies Lapua Products at Grafs.com Click to Donate to Site
By Clicking HERE to Shop at Amazon.com You Can Help Support the Forum.

Author Topic: Record-Setting Rifle (and 2nd Gun) Stolen from R. Wagner. Please HELP.  (Read 4302 times)

Offline Forum Boss

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ace Member
Rodney's Record-Setting Rifle Stolen -- We Need Your Help

This is news that I am very sad to report. Over the weekend, Forum member Rodney Wagner had two valuable benchrest rifles stolen from his truck. Yes, the BAT-actioned Dasher that set two pending IBS 600-yard records (with an historic 0.349" 5-shot group) was stolen, along with a second long-range Benchrest Rifle. The theft took place at a motel in Hendersonville, NC.

The Record Gun is gone. We need your help to get it back.

We request the help of our Forum members in recovering these two rifles for Rodney. The value of the two rifles, with optics and accessories, is over $11,000. It is not clear how much insurance is available -- but it may only be $1000.00 or so. And the record-setting rifle is priceless...

Stolen Rifle One: IBS Record-Setting 17-lb benchrest rifle. The BAT B action has serial number B778. It has a white, gray, and black ST-1000 stock. March 10-60x52mm scope (with tactical knobs) was on top. The action is a RBLP right eject. The barrel is a 6mm Brux chambered for the 6mm Dasher wildcat.

CLICK HERE for LARGE PHOTO

Stolen Rifle Two: IBS 17-lb Benchrest Rifle. Rimrock action has serial number is BR0253. It has a red and black ST-1000 fiberglass stock and had a VAIS muzzle brake on the Brux barrel. March 10-60x52 scope with tactical knobs was on top. We are still looking for photos of this rifle. It looks very similar to the first rifle, but with a different colored stock and a Rimrock (Borden Action).

It does NOT appear that thieves were specifically targeting the record-setting rifle. The Hendersonville Police told us that another theft was reported at about the same time in the same neighborhood. They called this "an ordinary crime of opportunity".

Folks, please keep your eyes out for these two rifles. These are distinctive guns -- not what you'd see everyday at a pawn shop (or even at most gun ranges). Please tell other folks in the firearms community to be on the look-out.

Also, the thieves might try to unload the two March 10-60X Scopes separately. Look for March Serial Numbers X341 and X291.

If you have any information, please contact officer Peter Laite of the Hendersonville , NC Police Department.

Call 828-697-3025 or email: plaite@cityofhendersonville.org

You can use this link to point people to this story: http://bit.ly/14PtT5o

$500.00 Reward Offered:
AccurateShooter.com will provide a Five Hundred Dollar ($500.00) reward to any individual who returns the two guns in undamaged condition or provides information that leads directly to the recovery of the two guns in undamaged condition.
« Last Edit: 12:49 PM, 06/10/13 by Forum Boss »

Offline barnesuser28

• Trade Count: (+1)
I just posted a link to this on another forum, hope they get found.

Offline 30EX

• Site $$ Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Ace Member
You might also alert the ATF and have them red flag the numbers if they try to make them legal by selling them off to a guy not knowing what they are instead of just cool rifles, it's been known to happen.

The X-Man

Offline savageshooter86

• Site $$ Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Ace Member
WOW. This is not good
Andrew

Offline expiper

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Ace Member
Forum Boss....what cal are they,,,I think the record setting rifle "was" a 6mmDasher,,,,but we Benchrest shooters do change bbls like we change our socks!!!!!,,,please tell the world what obvious marking were on the bbls of the two firearms,,,and to the average pawn shop,, or purchaser in a beer joint the "wierd" cals. and bbl. markings just might help us find the rifles,,most people look at the bbl markings rather than the serial ##'s till it gets time for the paperwork (if any is involved)....Roger
« Last Edit: 10:50 AM, 06/10/13 by expiper »
Broken Down Plumber..Still throwin LEAD
Confucius Says "dimmest ink is brighter than the brightest memory"

Offline jonbearman

• Site $$ Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Ace Member
  • I live in new york state,how unfortunate !
What kind of a low life piece of %@#$ would do this.I am appalled that during these times that someone would take these from anyone.I would alert every pawn shop in the immediate area. I would also alert some of the gun clubs as well.
jon t lennon and Norman who is a german shorthair,my buddy!

Offline sailhertoo

• Trade Count: (0)
Is Mr. Wagner from Hendersonville?

I am from that area. What a shame. I feel for Mr. Wagner.

If I can do anything to get him up and shooting again, stock work, barrel work, or anything else, I would be glad to do it for him "on the house".

How many times have we all wondered if this could happen to us?  Good luck to you Mr. Wagner. Hope they catch the scum bags!

Offline Forum Boss

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ace Member
Also, the thieves might try to unload the two March 10-60X Scopes separately. I have added the scope serial numbers to the first post. Look for March Serial Numbers X341 and X291.

Police number is 828-697-3025 or email: plaite@cityofhendersonville.org

Please help get the word out. Let's work together to catch these thieves and get the rifles back to Rodney.

Please share this story, and post to Facebook and Social Media. You can use this link to point people to this story: http://bit.ly/14PtT5o

Offline doc gordon

• Site $$ Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
in Alabama pawn shops send all daily transactions they take in. a picture drivers license is also on form to local law enforcement who send it to all other law enforcement agencies in general area .there is a hotline to fbi to check guns that may be stolen .

Offline gunsandgunsmithing

• Site $$ Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Ace Member
    • Ezell Custom Rifles
Rodney, I'm sorry to hear about this. Hopefully they will turn up and the low lifes that took them will spend some time in the pokey.--Mike E.

Offline chuckbuster243

• Trade Count: (+13)
I am so sorry to hear of this.... All I have to say is I am originally from Pisgah Forest, NC 15 min west of Hendersonville. Several years ago my mother was mugged and car stolen in Hendersonville. A week later she saw the guy walking down the street and called the Police. They would do nothing, they told her they are not sure that its the guy... BS you tend to remember people that do this to you. But anyway I hope he gets them back but I would put ZERO dependance on HPD to help at all...

I have called all my shooting friends and family and told them to keep a lookout for his equipment. I will look myself when I go home to visit. Anything I can do to help a fellow shooter I will do... Matt

Offline 30EX

• Site $$ Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Ace Member
I also feel Mr. Wagner should at-least have 5-10 mins with ea of these fine boys and to show them the fine art of a Southern ***-wiping with a piece of rough cut hickory, or am I just thinking out loud.

After 27 years in NYC and 20 more in Boston, and now 10 in Va, I must say these guys down here have perfected it down to a science, and it is very true, you don't mess around down South. these boys for sure know it too, so boys if you are reading this, you better give them back real soon, because you don't have anywhere to hide from CRAZY MAD GUN GUYS.

The X-Man
« Last Edit: 03:23 PM, 06/10/13 by 30EX »

Offline timeout

• Site $$ Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Ace Member
Man what a lousy misdeed. I really hope these can be recovered and in good shape. Let's all keep our eyes and ears open. They will never get away with this!  >:( >:( >:(

Offline jhord

• Site $$ Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+26)
I hope the next group that rifle shoots is on the thief's rear end.  Pretty tight community here, I have hopes it will be found.

Offline butchlambert

• Site $$ Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ace Member
I wouldn't depend on the BATFE. Mine was stolen and I even gave then the Thief's name. They said go to civil court or the local PD. I believe they are more interested in hassling the gunsmiths for an error on their bookwork. The Dodge City PD arrested the guy. Maybe I will get my rifle one of these days.

Recent Classifieds

DONATE HERE

Sold Stuff Here? Donations Keep our Classifieds Free.

Facebook LINK

Advertise

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

All sellers must have a complete Forum profile, including City, State, and VALID email address. All sellers must provide current true identity, phone number and address to buyer on request.

All sellers must enable their email and private message options.

Sellers MUST state an asking price for all listed goods, which may be supplemented by a request for offers. This site does not provide auction functionality, so there is no automated procedure to accept, qualify, or rank bids.

All sellers must mark sold items as "SOLD". And delete your ads when the transaction is complete. A "stickie" explains how to do this.

All sellers must disclose if the item is posted for sale elsewhere and state that the item is "subject to prior sale."

Any seller who uses deceptive photos, lies about key components or major defects will have his advert deleted without notice and is subject to being banned from the Forum forever.

PROHIBITED PRODUCTS

1. Damaged or bulged barrels (unless they are sold only as salvage metal and are clearly described as "not to be used with live ammunition".)

2. Loaded ammunition that has been loaded or reloaded by a private party (e.g. NOT factory-loaded ammo).

3. Hand-mixed powders of any kind, or powder of unknown origin/date/burn rate.

4. Any actions, rifles, or sound suppressors with damaged or obscured serial numbers.

5. Scopes with broken internals or broken lenses.

Commercial Ads
Commercial businesses which are current, paying sponsors may post Classifieds. These shall be posted in the "Commercial Sales" area ONLY. If you sell products commercially, and are NOT paying for advertising, you are NOT allowed to post Forum classifieds. Companies in violation will be black-balled.

POLICY VIOLATIONS
Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board who accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will be permanently banned from the Forum.