Powder Valley Sinclair Int'l Midsouth Shooters Bruno Shooters' Supply Bullets.com Shooting Supplies Lapua Products at Grafs.com Click to Donate to Site
By Clicking HERE to Shop at Amazon.com You Can Help Support the Forum.

Author Topic: Oak Ridge Sportsman ***. 2013 Schedule  (Read 1609 times)

Offline proneshooter

• Site $$ Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+44)
Oak Ridge Sportsman ***. 2013 Schedule
« on: 12:33 AM, 01/07/13 »
  • Please see the attached match schedule for 2013. All matches include F-Class - Prone - Service Rifle. The match bulletin should be posted with full descriptions in the next week or so. I just wanted to get the dates out there for everyone to make plans as needed.

Please email phendra@tds.net with any questions on the 2013 schedule.

Thanks,

Phil

Offline broncman

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Ace Member
    « Reply #1 on: 07:46 AM, 01/07/13 »
  • I cant get it to download? Anywhere else I can see the schedule?

Offline XTR

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Ace Member
    « Reply #2 on: 07:53 AM, 01/07/13 »
  • Great plate of matches there Phil.  That's a lot of shooting. 

Offline proneshooter

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+44)
    « Reply #3 on: 12:55 PM, 01/07/13 »
  • If you can't get it to download pm me with your email and I will send you a copy.

Offline Va Jim

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+2)
    « Reply #4 on: 06:54 PM, 01/09/13 »
  • I can see another trip to Oak ridge in my future. Had a blast last year. Huge FTR turnout.

Va Jim

Offline XTR

• Ace Member
    « Reply #5 on: 10:45 PM, 01/09/13 »
  • Jim, if you don't drag the NC guys over it's me and Ronnie shooting against one another in TR every match, at least those that he drives over, come on over!

I'm trying to drum up some more local F class shooters.  The guys have put together a bunch of 600 yard matches this yr, we've not done many of those in recent yrs. I'm hoping that I can use that to get some local guys interested.  It's insane that we don't have more local participation considering the facility that we have and the number of matches that we run.

Edit: so I just got finished entering all of the matches at ORSA and ADEC (Tullahoma) into my calendar, assuming I can make all the matches this  season I need 1600+ rounds just for record! Man, I really need to find another 8 lbs of Varget and another box of primers. :)
    « Last Edit: 11:31 PM, 01/09/13 by XTR »

Offline KT

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+7)
    « Reply #6 on: 06:31 AM, 01/10/13 »
  • XTR, Jim,
    I know that Ryan, Andrew, and I are planning to make a trip to Oak Ridge this year. I just don't know when yet. Then again we are those other F-class types.

Keith

Offline LongRanger

« Reply #7 on: 06:59 AM, 01/10/13 »

• This new schedule mixing palma and F class on weekends is such a big change it should have first been discussed in a club meeting involving all high power/long range shooters before coming to light of day in a public forum. Hopefully a meeting will still be held since virtually nobody that this affects was asked for an opinion.  At least I know I was not asked.

It is already having a negative impact on some of our out of state members and guests, who are quite numerous.  Here is one such reaction I received yesterday from an out of state shooter and very good friend, who is a club member and who has come to shoot the weekend Saturday 1000y, Sunday 600y  "approved" matches, and all registered matches for at least 7 years:

"The ORSA schedule this year is not very good for me , there is not a single weekend where we have a 3/1000 on Sat. and the 3/600 on Sunday  .{like always}

"All the matches are 3/1000 Sat. and a Palma match on Sunday.  And I won't drag my gear around for the Palma match on Sunday and shoot F-class.

"Plus I see the 3/600 on Sundays and nothing listed for the day before ?   I would rather drive once and shoot twice but this schedule makes it tough."

Its a shame that legal approved/registered palma matches cannot be conducted at ORSA (the distance from the 800y berm to the targets is not 800 yards).....that might change the flavor of these changes for F Class shooters who could then look forward to approved/registered 800-900-1000y palma matches. Even I would likely participate....where now I would just be wasting a good barrel shooting funzies.

Frank B.

Offline XTR

• Ace Member
    « Reply #8 on: 07:52 AM, 01/10/13 »

• This new schedule mixing palma and F class on weekends is such a big change it should have first been discussed in a club meeting involving all high power/long range shooters before coming to light of day in a public forum. Hopefully a meeting will still be held since virtually nobody that this affects was asked for an opinion.  At least I know I was not asked.

It is already having a negative impact on some of our out of state members and guests, who are quite numerous.  Here is one such reaction I received yesterday from an out of state shooter and very good friend, who is a club member and who has come to shoot the weekend Saturday 1000y, Sunday 600y  "approved" matches, and all registered matches for at least 7 years:

"The ORSA schedule this year is not very good for me , there is not a single weekend where we have a 3/1000 on Sat. and the 3/600 on Sunday  .{like always}

"All the matches are 3/1000 Sat. and a Palma match on Sunday.  And I won't drag my gear around for the Palma match on Sunday and shoot F-class.

"Plus I see the 3/600 on Sundays and nothing listed for the day before ?   I would rather drive once and shoot twice but this schedule makes it tough."

Its a shame that legal approved/registered palma matches cannot be conducted at ORSA (the distance from the 800y berm to the targets is not 800 yards).....that might change the flavor of these changes for F Class shooters who could then look forward to approved/registered 800-900-1000y palma matches. Even I would likely participate....where now I would just be wasting a good barrel shooting funzies.

Frank B.

Frank, did you shoot the same schedule I did last year?  We only had two (2) 600 yard matches last yr.  We've added one and we're having a clinic for new shooters.  I'm hoping the 600 yard matches will get more new shooters out, at least I'm trying to get it out there in front of some people.  The schedule was stent out for comment several weeks ago before it was sent to the NRA and there have been people on here asking when it was going to go out publicly so that they could make plans.  If you had comments they really should have gone to Larry or Phil at that time, at this point it's in the books. 

We had at least five (5) full bore/palma matches on Sundays last yr, several were after the 3x1000 matches on Saturday.  I don't see the change you are talking about.  As far as F class goes we've been shooting side by side with the rest of the HP shooters at least since I started shooting two years ago.  There is nothing there that is exclusive to any discipline other than the State Championships, ORSA does HP and Tullahoma does F Class, though both can compete in either. (I know Randy and maybe a couple of others came to Tullahoma last yr for the 3x1000 the first day of the F class state championships last yr.

If you have issue you should take it up with Phil and Larry. 

Offline LongRanger

« Reply #9 on: 09:48 AM, 01/10/13 »
  • XTR....Why are you not putting your name to your posts?  Sounds like you had a hand in the changes and I'd like to know who you are.

You wrote:

"The schedule was stent (sic) out for comment several weeks ago before it was sent to the NRA"

I don't know how or to whom the schedule was sent for review....but it certainly was not sent to me or I would have commented earlier.  ORSA sends every member a monthly newsletter and calender of events....something as important as this change should have been posted in the monthly.

Having shot F Class during informal and registered competitions at Oak Ridge, AEDC, and Memphis, and having set several National records at all three places, I pretty much know how the game works.  The bigger issue I was pointing out, since the schedule seemed to be cast in stone, is that the loss of the several weekends of 1000 on Saturday and 600 on Sunday for shooters of any persuasion, both F and/or full bore, has already hurt some out of state shooters.....as my out of state friend wrote.

And you'll have to leave it up to me as whether or not or to whom I should address my comments.

Frank B.

Offline XTR

• Ace Member
    « Reply #10 on: 12:58 PM, 01/10/13 »
  • XTR, Jim,
    I know that Ryan, Andrew, and I are planning to make a trip to Oak Ridge this year. I just don't know when yet. Then again we are those other F-class types.

Keith

Oh yea, and Laura makes it up here every once in a while to show me how I wish I could shoot.

Offline dblinden

• Site $$ Contributor
    « Reply #11 on: 04:50 PM, 01/10/13 »
  • Frank noted that the "800 yard berm" is not 800 yards. What is the actual distance at ORSA from this berm?

Thanks - Dennis L

P.S. I shot my first match at ORSA this past Sept (5X1000). I loved shooting at this range and plan to return as often as I can this year.

Offline bsn

• Basic Member
    « Reply #12 on: 08:00 PM, 01/10/13 »
  • Dennis
    The line is about 25 yards short, the creek is at 800 yards.
    Brian

Offline dblinden

• Site $$ Contributor
    « Reply #13 on: 04:39 PM, 01/11/13 »
  • Thanks Brian - I'll go and program that 25 yds into my rear sight.

Hope to see you guys soon.  75 degrees this weekend in GA. RBGC is having a 3X600 to celebrate the good weather.

Dennis

Offline Va Jim

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+2)
    « Reply #14 on: 05:50 PM, 01/11/13 »
  • Kieth

Sounds like we can get a few from Butner. We had a blast last year.

Va Jim

Recent Classifieds

DONATE HERE

Sold Stuff Here? Donations Keep our Classifieds Free.

Facebook LINK

Advertise

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

All sellers must have a complete Forum profile, including City, State, and VALID email address. All sellers must provide current true identity, phone number and address to buyer on request.

All sellers must enable their email and private message options.

Sellers MUST state an asking price for all listed goods, which may be supplemented by a request for offers. This site does not provide auction functionality, so there is no automated procedure to accept, qualify, or rank bids.

All sellers must mark sold items as "SOLD". And delete your ads when the transaction is complete. A "stickie" explains how to do this.

All sellers must disclose if the item is posted for sale elsewhere and state that the item is "subject to prior sale."

Any seller who uses deceptive photos, lies about key components or major defects will have his advert deleted without notice and is subject to being banned from the Forum forever.

PROHIBITED PRODUCTS

1. Damaged or bulged barrels (unless they are sold only as salvage metal and are clearly described as "not to be used with live ammunition".)

2. Loaded ammunition that has been loaded or reloaded by a private party (e.g. NOT factory-loaded ammo).

3. Hand-mixed powders of any kind, or powder of unknown origin/date/burn rate.

4. Any actions, rifles, or sound suppressors with damaged or obscured serial numbers.

5. Scopes with broken internals or broken lenses.

Commercial Ads
    Commercial businesses which are current, paying sponsors may post Classifieds. These shall be posted in the "Commercial Sales" area ONLY. If you sell products commercially, and are NOT paying for advertising, you are NOT allowed to post Forum classifieds. Companies in violation will be black-balled.

POLICY VIOLATIONS
    Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board who accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will be permanently banned from the Forum.