Powder Valley Sinclair Int'l Midsouth Shooters Bruno Shooters' Supply Bullets.com Shooting Supplies Lapua Products at Grafs.com Click to Donate to Site
By Clicking HERE to Shop at Amazon.com You Can Help Support the Forum.

Author Topic: Downsizing  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Nomad47

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Ace Member
  • Oops!
Downsizing
« on: 08:24 PM, 12/03/12 »
  • My wife and I are thinking about downsizing from our 43' diesel motorhome to a 5th wheel RV since we don't travel around the country as much as we used to.  I realize that odds are slim to none that someone on this forum would be serious about buying our "wheel estate" but I wanted to mention it on here before taking a wholesale offer from a dealer as a trade-in.
    Bill, Retired, AZ/OH
    When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
    "No free man shall be debarred the use of arms" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline MrMajestic

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (0)
    • Ace Member
    Downsizing
    « Reply #1 on: 09:23 PM, 12/03/12 »
  • Is it alright that I just want it?  ;)
    "That which does not destroy me, has made a huge tactical error"

Offline BigDMT

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • Ace Member
    Downsizing
    « Reply #2 on: 09:33 PM, 12/03/12 »
  • Well if that ain't a picture set up to brag about toys, I don't know what is ;)
    Do not pray for an easier life. Pray to be stronger men.

Offline Nomad47

• Ace Member
    • Oops!
    Downsizing
    « Reply #3 on: 09:36 PM, 12/03/12 »
  • Sure is, MrM.

Big, its not a toy - its my home.  ;)
    Bill, Retired, AZ/OH

Offline BigDMT

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • Ace Member
    Downsizing
    « Reply #4 on: 11:35 PM, 12/03/12 »
  • That's one sweet home for the open road :)
    Do not pray for an easier life. Pray to be stronger men.

Offline Hombre0321

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+10)
    Downsizing
    « Reply #5 on: 11:50 PM, 12/03/12 »
  • Well if that ain't a picture set up to brag about toys, I don't know what is ;)

If I owned it I would brag too. Very nice looking coach Nomad, good luck with your sale. Nothing wrong with bragging here is a pic of mine, and a few toys.

Roland
    Protected people will never be able to understand the intensity life "CAN" be lived at. To do that you must complettly and totally understand the meaning of the word DUCK.

Offline Nomad47

• Ace Member
    • Oops!
    Downsizing
    « Reply #6 on: 12:31 AM, 12/04/12 »
  • Very nice, Hombre.  Diesel in that Seneca?
    Bill, Retired, AZ/OH

Offline nosualc

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+3)
    • Ace Member
    Downsizing
    « Reply #7 on: 07:10 AM, 12/04/12 »
  • Very nice, Hombre.  Diesel in that Seneca?

Forget the camper, tell me about that trailer! Lemme guess, you can remove the jeep lower the boat and back it in the water? I've never see that before. Clever!

-nosualc
    "Were we nuts when we pointed to the moon? We went up there and you know what we got? Bored."

Offline Hombre0321

• Site $$ Contributor
    Downsizing
    « Reply #8 on: 06:07 PM, 12/11/12 »
  • yea guys it is a Duramax Diesel, gets going downhill with a strong tailwind 6 MPG empty and thats on a good day.

The trailer, man was this a great idea. Tow your toys all at one time. trouble was it was a miserable mistake. I had this trailer built by a company that had done this before, the trailer weighed right at 4,000 lbs by it self, add the Jeep and the Bass Boat and there was nothing safe about towing this anywhere. It was top heavy, towed like a pig and in that diesel motorhome I got about 4 MPG towing it. So even if it had worked better i couldn't afford to go anywhere.

This was one of those old adages " Live and learn and die a damn fool" Broke Too!!

Roland
    Protected people will never be able to understand the intensity life "CAN" be lived at. To do that you must complettly and totally understand the meaning of the word DUCK.

Offline nosualc

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+3)
    • Ace Member
    Downsizing
    « Reply #9 on: 06:30 PM, 12/11/12 »
  • Well, it LOOKS like a good idea anyway!  ;D

-nosualc
    « Last Edit: 10:31 PM, 12/11/12 by nosualc »
    "Were we nuts when we pointed to the moon? We went up there and you know what we got? Bored."

Offline Nomad47

• Ace Member
    • Oops!
    Downsizing
    « Reply #10 on: 10:23 PM, 12/11/12 »
  • Hombre, sorry to read about all the issues you've had with that beautiful combo.

Yeah, diesels moving tall & heavy loads down the road don't equal good MPG.  My rig towing a 4 door Colorado pickup gets 7.5 MPG, but I have to keep it under 62 MPH to get that.

BTW, trading for a big 5th wheel RV and tow vehicle wasn't as good an idea as I first thought it was.  So I'm keeping my "wheel estate".  :D 
    Bill, Retired, AZ/OH

Offline Hombre0321

• Site $$ Contributor
    Downsizing
    « Reply #11 on: 02:20 AM, 12/12/12 »
  • Nomad, Don't quite give up on that idea just yet. I had this great tow vehicle until yesterday when I traded it in. I simple wasn't using it anymore and I had gone the th wheel route myself, for awhile. The dealer i traded with is a friend and if you "Might" be interested you could get this for a very resonable offer. I'll post a pic take a look and if it is something that gets your blood to pumping let me know.

Ford F650 Super Cruiser
    Every Option you can think of and then some
    Caterpiller Diesel
    Allison 6 Speed Push Button Automatic
    I got 16 to 18 running this empty and 14 towing and it didn't matter what the load was.
    Has verified milage of 66,000 miles
    Has 3 hitches--30,000 lb 5th wheel hitch--Class 5 hitch for bumper pull-- and a Goose Neck Hitch as well.

Roland
    « Last Edit: 02:23 AM, 12/12/12 by Hombre0321 »

Offline Nomad47

• Ace Member
    • Oops!
    Downsizing
    « Reply #12 on: 08:31 PM, 12/12/12 »
  • I appreciate the offer, Roland.  And that is the type of tow vehicle that I would have looked for.  But two dealers only offered me $150k after discounting their RVs.  I would be giving up too much after taking a good look at what is offered on 5th wheels - I've got In-motion satellite, three TVs, 8kw generator, 4 BIG deep cycle batteries, a 2kw full sine wave inverter, washer-dryer, etc.  I even carry portable steel targets, a portable shooting/reloading bench, two rifles, four barrels, and all the necessary reloading equipment for long range shooting.
    Bill, Retired, AZ/OH

Recent Classifieds

DONATE HERE

Sold Stuff Here? Donations Keep our Classifieds Free.

Facebook LINK

Advertise

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

All sellers must have a complete Forum profile, including City, State, and VALID email address. All sellers must provide current true identity, phone number and address to buyer on request.

All sellers must enable their email and private message options.

Sellers MUST state an asking price for all listed goods, which may be supplemented by a request for offers. This site does not provide auction functionality, so there is no automated procedure to accept, qualify, or rank bids.

All sellers must mark sold items as "SOLD". And delete your ads when the transaction is complete. A "stickie" explains how to do this.

All sellers must disclose if the item is posted for sale elsewhere and state that the item is "subject to prior sale."

Any seller who uses deceptive photos, lies about key components or major defects will have his advert deleted without notice and is subject to being banned from the Forum forever.

PROHIBITED PRODUCTS

1. Damaged or bulged barrels (unless they are sold only as salvage metal and are clearly described as "not to be used with live ammunition".)

2. Loaded ammunition that has been loaded or reloaded by a private party (e.g. NOT factory-loaded ammo).

3. Hand-mixed powders of any kind, or powder of unknown origin/date/burn rate.

4. Any actions, rifles, or sound suppressors with damaged or obscured serial numbers.

5. Scopes with broken internals or broken lenses.

Commercial Ads
    Commercial businesses which are current, paying sponsors may post Classifieds. These shall be posted in the "Commercial Sales" area ONLY. If you sell products commercially, and are NOT paying for advertising, you are NOT allowed to post Forum classifieds. Companies in violation will be black-balled.

POLICY VIOLATIONS
    Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board who accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will be permanently banned from the Forum.