Powder Valley Sinclair Int'l Midsouth Shooters Bruno Shooters' Supply Bullets.com Shooting Supplies Lapua Products at Grafs.com Click to Donate to Site
By Clicking HERE to Shop at Amazon.com You Can Help Support the Forum.

Author Topic: 300 AAC blackout  (Read 4354 times)

Offline Bonesaw5

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Basic Member
300 AAC blackout
« on: 07:48 PM, 09/18/12 »
  • Anyone have any good loads they would share for reloading the 300 blk

Offline germanlongbow

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Scott M Bainbridge
    300 AAC blackout
    « Reply #1 on: 08:47 PM, 09/18/12 »
  • Just finished my blackout last weekend.  Accurate 1680.  I started with 10.2 grains and winchester primers.  Barrel is 1x8 5R Stoner 16 inches with TBAC 30P1 can.  Velocity avg 980fps.  Shoots moa with Sierra 240gr Match kings.  Going to change over to 200 gr matchkings tomorrow and Hodgkin H110 for something different.  (ran out of the 240's for now and think 1x7 twist would be better for heavier bullets).  Let you know in couple days how the H110 works.  Starting with 10.2 grains and going to to 10.8.  Good luck  Scott

Offline civil82

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+13)
    300 AAC blackout
    « Reply #2 on: 09:12 PM, 09/18/12 »
  • I've mainly used factory ammo in a Rem Micro 7. Remington for subs and Atlanta Arms 125 Pink Tip for supers. My only handloads were subsonic using H110. I have a box of 110 V-Max bullets to play with, but probably won't touch them until my Atlanta Arms supply is dry.

www.300blktalk.com will provide any info that you could ask for concerning the Blackout.

Offline LRPV

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Ace Member
    • Jason Walker
    300 AAC blackout
    « Reply #3 on: 08:58 AM, 09/19/12 »
  • I just loaded some for a friend last weekend. He is using one of the AR stoner barrels from midway as well. 1/8 twist. He bought Forster dies and when FL sizing I had to hold the die up quite a ways from touching to keep from bumping the shoulder too far. We loaded some once fired RP/UMC brass with CCI450, 110 Vmax, and Lilgun powder. Went from 19 to 20 grains from info on Hodgdon site. Just loaded 3 rounds each in .2 grain increments. He shot them and said the 19.8 grain charge shot the best but that's all I know about it. I'm interested in what this thing really will do. It's a neat little round.

Offline broncman

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Ace Member
    300 AAC blackout
    « Reply #4 on: 10:53 PM, 10/07/12 »
  • I use H110 and Lilgun with 110 vmax and 125 smk. If you are making your own brass , annealing is a must as you cutting so far down on the case. Watch your neck thickness as there has been issues with some brass being thicker in the area that will be the neck when converted to 300.
    19.5 Lilgun and 110vmax is my pet load in 16" Noveske.

Offline P1ZombieKiller

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+84)
    • Ace Member
      • P1 Zombie Killer
    300 AAC blackout
    « Reply #5 on: 06:02 PM, 10/10/12 »
  • I shoot subsoinc only. In my 1:8 twist 16.5" barrel on a bolt gun, 8.5 of lil gun pushed my 200 SMK's at 1050fps.

if you looking for a hunting load at subsonic speeds, cant beat this while pushing a Lehigh 200 maximum expansion bullets.    http://www.lehighdefense.com/ME-Bullets.html

Here are a few pics out of my gun into a 5 gal bucket of soft sand.

Wes Johnson

www.P1ZK.com

Offline LRPV

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Ace Member
    • Jason Walker
    300 AAC blackout
    « Reply #6 on: 08:29 PM, 10/10/12 »
  • What kind of range and accuracy do you get out of your subsonic hunting load? My buddy is always looking for more info on this cartridge. Are most people making their own brass? I made one just for giggles last weekend, was pretty easy but I need to figure out a better way to cut the 223 off than the tubing cutter I used.

Offline skyav8r

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+68)
    • Ace Member
    300 AAC blackout
    « Reply #7 on: 08:09 PM, 10/11/12 »
  • I'd say the easiest way to make brass is to neck up fireball cases. I use a 300 whisper neck die with tapered 6mm expander then 300 whisper full length die with 30 Cal tapered expander. Lost one in about 300 with that method. Lots of lube is the key.

Offline skyav8r

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Ace Member
    300 AAC blackout
    « Reply #8 on: 08:12 PM, 10/11/12 »
  • Wonder if one could put a cut off wheel on a miter saw and clamp a piece of wood or aluminum on the fence to set a close cutoff length.
    Better yet one of those arrow cutters an archery shop uses.

Offline skyav8r

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Ace Member

Offline dtucker

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+286)
    • Ace Member
    300 AAC blackout
    « Reply #10 on: 08:23 PM, 10/11/12 »
  • Sounds like they need to make brass for this thing. I have givin it some thought but will not be using a can and it would be used for hunting with the lite bullets out a 16 or 18 inch barrel. Would like to know what to expect out of a 110gr bullet velocity wise and what kind of accuracy to expect.
    Dan Tucker  
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Wish you were here

Offline broncman

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Ace Member
    300 AAC blackout
    « Reply #11 on: 09:28 PM, 10/11/12 »
  • They do make brass. Midway has it. I use a harbor freight minichop saw and a jig I made to hold it. Then anneal, then size and trim. Somewhere around 2250 for 110 vmax. I can get my notes if you realy need details.

Offline P1ZombieKiller

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+84)
    • Ace Member
      • P1 Zombie Killer
    300 AAC blackout
    « Reply #12 on: 09:46 PM, 10/11/12 »
  • I have not shot 110's, but the 125's shot around 2100 in my bolt gun.
    They do make blackout brass. Remington makes it.

I personally use a small cut off saw and cut down 223 brass. I then use a full length sizing die to form it. I do not have to turn necks. This caliber is just a 1.0 MOA to 1.5 MOA gun shooting subsonic. it will shoot a little better at 2100- 2250 fps. I just choose to shoot it strickly subsonic.
    Wes Johnson

www.P1ZK.com

Online snowpro440

• Trade Count: (+28)
    300 AAC blackout
    « Reply #13 on: 12:47 AM, 10/12/12 »
  • Here's a link for some info on the 300 blackout . I think there is a place called brads warehouse for brass and River valley ordnance. Lots of other info on this site. I shoot the 220 smk's with 1680 giving me 1080 fps with YHM phantom can and at 100 yds accuracy is around an inch .

http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/index.php

Offline dtucker

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+286)
    • Ace Member
    300 AAC blackout
    « Reply #14 on: 06:09 AM, 10/12/12 »
  • Sounds like i need to get busy and do some reading on this. Would love to shoot it suppressed and i think i will have to look into it and see what i can do.
    Dan Tucker  
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Wish you were here

Recent Classifieds

DONATE HERE

Sold Stuff Here? Donations Keep our Classifieds Free.

Facebook LINK

Advertise

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

All sellers must have a complete Forum profile, including City, State, and VALID email address. All sellers must provide current true identity, phone number and address to buyer on request.

All sellers must enable their email and private message options.

Sellers MUST state an asking price for all listed goods, which may be supplemented by a request for offers. This site does not provide auction functionality, so there is no automated procedure to accept, qualify, or rank bids.

All sellers must mark sold items as "SOLD". And delete your ads when the transaction is complete. A "stickie" explains how to do this.

All sellers must disclose if the item is posted for sale elsewhere and state that the item is "subject to prior sale."

Any seller who uses deceptive photos, lies about key components or major defects will have his advert deleted without notice and is subject to being banned from the Forum forever.

PROHIBITED PRODUCTS

1. Damaged or bulged barrels (unless they are sold only as salvage metal and are clearly described as "not to be used with live ammunition".)

2. Loaded ammunition that has been loaded or reloaded by a private party (e.g. NOT factory-loaded ammo).

3. Hand-mixed powders of any kind, or powder of unknown origin/date/burn rate.

4. Any actions, rifles, or sound suppressors with damaged or obscured serial numbers.

5. Scopes with broken internals or broken lenses.

Commercial Ads
    Commercial businesses which are current, paying sponsors may post Classifieds. These shall be posted in the "Commercial Sales" area ONLY. If you sell products commercially, and are NOT paying for advertising, you are NOT allowed to post Forum classifieds. Companies in violation will be black-balled.

POLICY VIOLATIONS
    Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board who accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will be permanently banned from the Forum.