Powder Valley Sinclair Int'l Midsouth Shooters Bruno Shooters' Supply Bullets.com Shooting Supplies Lapua Products at Grafs.com Click to Donate to Site
By Clicking HERE to Shop at Amazon.com You Can Help Support the Forum.

Author Topic: Trigger on Kimber 82G  (Read 3036 times)

Offline RJinTexas

• Site $$ Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+48)
  • Ace Member
  • site $$ contributor
Trigger on Kimber 82G
« on: 11:46 AM, 07/30/12 »
  • Does anyone know of a after market trigger that will fit the 82G? Or a gunsmith that can rework it to produce a reliable repatable consistant trigger pull around or under 6oz.

Thanks
    RJ
    Prairiedog Eradication Through Assassination just doing my part to support P.E.T.A.

Offline 4570sharpshooter

• Trade Count: (+2)
    Trigger on Kimber 82G
    « Reply #1 on: 12:26 PM, 07/30/12 »
  • There is a gunshop that reworks the original ,  now let me see if I can find the info. Stay tuned....45/70SS
    Keep yer eye on the Target son.....

Offline natdscott

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+3)
    Trigger on Kimber 82G
    « Reply #2 on: 06:40 PM, 07/31/12 »
  • I can tune and hone one to give a repeatable and very QUALITY break...but for 6 oz, I think not. Tell you the truth, that trigger design really shouldn't be taken down that far, in my opinion. You need another lever or two to get a trigger that light safely.

A pound might be doable. 2 is easily done with good repeatability and reliability.

The trigger, properly honed (and it is solid tool steel), can be extremely crisp on the break.

-Nate

Offline Hippy

• Trade Count: (+4)
    Trigger on Kimber 82G
    « Reply #3 on: 07:00 PM, 07/31/12 »
  • Although I do not own a 82 G I believe this thread will help you if you are a Do-it-Yourself kind of guy. Also I believe he offers this service ,not sure.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223707

Jim
    "Today is the 1st day, of the rest of your life"

Offline tome

• Trade Count: (+9)
    Trigger on Kimber 82G
    « Reply #4 on: 07:29 AM, 08/01/12 »
  • There's a guy on the Kimber forun  on rimfire central that modifies the stock kimber trigger by redrilling and changing the fulcrum point..do a search there

Offline Patrick R

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Basic Member
    Trigger on Kimber 82G
    « Reply #5 on: 11:54 PM, 08/01/12 »
  • So dose no one know of a good gun smith to work on triggers for Kimber 84Gs?

Offline velocette

• Basic Member
    Trigger on Kimber 82G
    « Reply #6 on: 11:46 AM, 08/13/12 »
  • There is to my knowledge no smith that does good 82g triggers.  Nemo, who started the move the pivot pin of the 82g has not been available
    to do the work for a while.  Nor are there any aftermarket triggers.
    As far as working the stock trigger,  you can get it down to about 10 ~ 12 oz reliably and safely by smoothing & deburring, all moving and bearing surfaces.  Polishing the sear engagement surfaces, using softer return springs, Moly grease on the engagement surfaces on the sear andstriker in the bolt. and careful adjustment.  Beneath 10 oz, you will occasionally have the striker fall when you close the bolt.  below 8 oz the striker will fall on its own randomly.  (Please note, at 10 ~ 12 oz the trigger will NOT pass a bump test, but is adequate for match use.)
    One last warning.  There are NO spare parts for the 82g, so when you have your way with the trigger, know that your mistakes may be terminal.
    My 82g trigger is a consistent 11 ~ 12 oz & as good as I can get it, good enough to win my clubs smallbore prone match last month.

Roger
    NRA Smallbore Prone Master

Offline natdscott

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+3)
    Trigger on Kimber 82G
    « Reply #7 on: 08:21 AM, 08/14/12 »
  • Absolutely. 

Don't take the following to mean I am dogging on the 82G, as I own one and have learned a lot from her, but...

If you truly need a trigger in the ounces to be competitive, then you need a better rifle in the first place; keep in mind that that rifle has a lower-grade Wilson barrel...it was only designed to hold 10 ring, not X.

The trigger group you are looking for starts with a 5-0 and ends with a 1-8, and her nickname is usually Annie.

-Nate

Offline Patrick R

• Basic Member
    Trigger on Kimber 82G
    « Reply #8 on: 08:01 PM, 08/16/12 »
  • My local clubs around me shoot ARA type matches.

The Kimber 84 fits in the Factory Target class.

Trigger mods are aloud. A lighter trigger would help raise scores.

Recent Classifieds

DONATE HERE

Sold Stuff Here? Donations Keep our Classifieds Free.

Facebook LINK

Advertise

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

All sellers must have a complete Forum profile, including City, State, and VALID email address. All sellers must provide current true identity, phone number and address to buyer on request.

All sellers must enable their email and private message options.

Sellers MUST state an asking price for all listed goods, which may be supplemented by a request for offers. This site does not provide auction functionality, so there is no automated procedure to accept, qualify, or rank bids.

All sellers must mark sold items as "SOLD". And delete your ads when the transaction is complete. A "stickie" explains how to do this.

All sellers must disclose if the item is posted for sale elsewhere and state that the item is "subject to prior sale."

Any seller who uses deceptive photos, lies about key components or major defects will have his advert deleted without notice and is subject to being banned from the Forum forever.

PROHIBITED PRODUCTS

1. Damaged or bulged barrels (unless they are sold only as salvage metal and are clearly described as "not to be used with live ammunition".)

2. Loaded ammunition that has been loaded or reloaded by a private party (e.g. NOT factory-loaded ammo).

3. Hand-mixed powders of any kind, or powder of unknown origin/date/burn rate.

4. Any actions, rifles, or sound suppressors with damaged or obscured serial numbers.

5. Scopes with broken internals or broken lenses.

Commercial Ads
    Commercial businesses which are current, paying sponsors may post Classifieds. These shall be posted in the "Commercial Sales" area ONLY. If you sell products commercially, and are NOT paying for advertising, you are NOT allowed to post Forum classifieds. Companies in violation will be black-balled.

POLICY VIOLATIONS
    Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board who accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will be permanently banned from the Forum.