Powder Valley Sinclair Int'l Midsouth Shooters Bruno Shooters' Supply Bullets.com Shooting Supplies Lapua Products at Grafs.com Click to Donate to Site
By Clicking HERE to Shop at Amazon.com You Can Help Support the Forum.

Author Topic: Most Temperature Insensitive Powder?  (Read 5830 times)

Offline kyreloader

• Trade Count: (+9)
Most Temperature Insensitive Powder?
« Reply #15 on: 08:49 PM, 06/24/12 »
  • I don't have a 6.5x47L but IMR8208XBR is by far the least temperature sensitive powder in the 308 winchester weve tested. Single digit extreme velocity spreads & velocity change regardless of temperature.

I would say a bit too fast for 6.5x47L but finally after being available in the USA for quite some time ADI have finally released it in Australia under the new name of Benchmark 8208. Looking good for a play with the smaller calibres with this like .204R, .222R & .223R but it may be interesting in .22BR, as with most of the ADI Powders... Single based, temperature stable.

IMR8208XBR in my rifle with 35.1g gets me 2788 fps with a SD of 4.6 and 0.5-0.6 MOA.  Too fast, not sure.

Offline .260 james

• Trade Count: (+7)
    « Reply #16 on: 11:58 AM, 06/25/12 »
  • IMR 8208xbr is too fast of a burn rate for a .243 Win. but it works great in my little coyote/ rock chuck gun with 55 gr. bullets and consistent from Damn cold Wyoming weather to todays highs of around 105!!!!!! :)

Offline kev77

• Trade Count: (0)
    « Reply #17 on: 03:01 AM, 09/25/12 »
  • varget in my 6.5x47 only

Offline btsteelman

• Basic Member
    « Reply #18 on: 08:27 PM, 10/01/12 »
  • Varget, do not try MagPro, it is very temp. sensitive.

Offline BY1983

• Ace Member
    « Reply #19 on: 07:45 AM, 10/02/12 »
  • Varget or 2208 is awesome with 130gr bergers.

Recent Classifieds

DONATE HERE

Sold Stuff Here? Donations Keep our Classifieds Free.

Facebook LINK

Advertise

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

All sellers must have a complete Forum profile, including City, State, and VALID email address. All sellers must provide current true identity, phone number and address to buyer on request.

All sellers must enable their email and private message options.

Sellers MUST state an asking price for all listed goods, which may be supplemented by a request for offers. This site does not provide auction functionality, so there is no automated procedure to accept, qualify, or rank bids.

All sellers must mark sold items as "SOLD". And delete your ads when the transaction is complete. A "stickie" explains how to do this.

All sellers must disclose if the item is posted for sale elsewhere and state that the item is "subject to prior sale."

Any seller who uses deceptive photos, lies about key components or major defects will have his advert deleted without notice and is subject to being banned from the Forum forever.

PROHIBITED PRODUCTS

1. Damaged or bulged barrels (unless they are sold only as salvage metal and are clearly described as "not to be used with live ammunition".)

2. Loaded ammunition that has been loaded or reloaded by a private party (e.g. NOT factory-loaded ammo).

3. Hand-mixed powders of any kind, or powder of unknown origin/date/burn rate.

4. Any actions, rifles, or sound suppressors with damaged or obscured serial numbers.

5. Scopes with broken internals or broken lenses.

Commercial Ads
    Commercial businesses which are current, paying sponsors may post Classifieds. These shall be posted in the "Commercial Sales" area ONLY. If you sell products commercially, and are NOT paying for advertising, you are NOT allowed to post Forum classifieds. Companies in violation will be black-balled.

POLICY VIOLATIONS
    Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board who accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will be permanently banned from the Forum.