Powder Valley Sinclair Int'l Midsouth Shooters Bruno Shooters' Supply Bullets.com Shooting Supplies Lapua Products at Grafs.com Click to Donate to Site
By Clicking HERE to Shop at Amazon.com You Can Help Support the Forum.

Author Topic: 6BR XP-100, new to me, was told it was a Jim Stekl build.  (Read 1605 times)

Offline nmhunter

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Basic Member
bought a 6 br from a gentlemen in sc. It is immaculate!!!! the barrel is marked 6BR .262 LN, it is chambered for Remington .262 neck brass. Just wondering what the LN stands for ? has anyone seen this on a custom build.  Is Jim still on the forum? would really like to get more info on this hand-cannon.
thanks for the help
nmhunter
« Last Edit: 04:21 PM, 02/17/12 by nmhunter »

Offline ridgeway

• Site $$ Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • Ace Member
Lapua/Norma maybe?
Chuck
chuck at ridgewaybodies dot com
Custom Savage Bolt Handles

Offline nmhunter

• Basic Member
possible! hadn't thought about that

Offline HARDIN PRECISION RIFLES

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Basic Member
  • gunsmith
LN stands for long neck because the original 6br as designed by remington had a case length of 1.520 as opposed to 1.560
just my thought
« Last Edit: 07:09 PM, 02/18/12 by HARDIN PRECISION RIFLES »
HARDIN PRECISION RIFLES   one hole accuracy guarantee      any style any cal.

Offline HARDIN PRECISION RIFLES

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Basic Member
  • gunsmith
are you sure it was built by stekl because was a designer of the 6br and the 22br
HARDIN PRECISION RIFLES   one hole accuracy guarantee      any style any cal.

Offline nmhunter

• Basic Member
The owner was under the impression that this is one of the guns Jim built, this gun is flawless.  I have several XP's and many HS Precision handcannons and this action is smoother and tighter than any of my other XP's and most of my HS's.   Also it has the bolt release on the bottom of the stock like HS Precision's hadncannons, first time I have seen this on a custom XP.  Does not have his name on it, just the chambering.  Just looking for some histsory on this one. Havn't shot it yet but will soon as I get some rounds loaded.
nmhunter

Offline ridgeway

• Site $$ Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • Ace Member
Looks like a sweet rig and I'm sure it shoots!  My 6BR XP wears a Hart 13 twist barrel and it loves 8208 and 65 grain V-max.  I'm really surprised how well it shoots them! 
Chuck
chuck at ridgewaybodies dot com
Custom Savage Bolt Handles

Offline nmhunter

• Basic Member
plan on using the XBR powder as well. it is excellent in my 223 XP along with my 223 WSSM and 243 WSSM HS's. My son shoots it in his 243 Win as well , super performer.
nmhunter

Offline bheadboy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ace Member
dont know if this was Jim's but when he was shooting a 6br he used 4895.

this is the latest contact info i have

James Stekl

(863) 635-7909

1624 Hwy 630 W, Lot P15

Frostproof, FL 33843-2118
Tell him Bob Browne said hello

Bob
« Last Edit: 07:19 PM, 02/19/12 by bheadboy »

Offline nmhunter

• Basic Member
tried the number, got some guy by the name of Ed, no Jim at that number.
nmhunter

Offline longbow

• Site $$ Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+17)
6BR XP-100, new to me, was told it was a Jim Stekl build.
« Reply #10 on: 06:18 PM, 02/28/12 »
  • Send gun ASAP !! I will check out, shoot the hell out of it...then get back to you. Best I can do...this  what we are here for!!

Sweet looking outfit! Pete
    May the bullet God's be with you!
    Join the NRA....our only voice, shame how many talk the talk , but cant open there wallet.....

Offline nmhunter

• Basic Member
    6BR XP-100, new to me, was told it was a Jim Stekl build.
    « Reply #11 on: 06:44 PM, 02/28/12 »
  • McMillan stock, waiting on set of dies and hope to load and shoot it next wseekend :D

Recent Classifieds

DONATE HERE

Sold Stuff Here? Donations Keep our Classifieds Free.

Facebook LINK

Advertise

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

All sellers must have a complete Forum profile, including City, State, and VALID email address. All sellers must provide current true identity, phone number and address to buyer on request.

All sellers must enable their email and private message options.

Sellers MUST state an asking price for all listed goods, which may be supplemented by a request for offers. This site does not provide auction functionality, so there is no automated procedure to accept, qualify, or rank bids.

All sellers must mark sold items as "SOLD". And delete your ads when the transaction is complete. A "stickie" explains how to do this.

All sellers must disclose if the item is posted for sale elsewhere and state that the item is "subject to prior sale."

Any seller who uses deceptive photos, lies about key components or major defects will have his advert deleted without notice and is subject to being banned from the Forum forever.

PROHIBITED PRODUCTS

1. Damaged or bulged barrels (unless they are sold only as salvage metal and are clearly described as "not to be used with live ammunition".)

2. Loaded ammunition that has been loaded or reloaded by a private party (e.g. NOT factory-loaded ammo).

3. Hand-mixed powders of any kind, or powder of unknown origin/date/burn rate.

4. Any actions, rifles, or sound suppressors with damaged or obscured serial numbers.

5. Scopes with broken internals or broken lenses.

Commercial Ads
    Commercial businesses which are current, paying sponsors may post Classifieds. These shall be posted in the "Commercial Sales" area ONLY. If you sell products commercially, and are NOT paying for advertising, you are NOT allowed to post Forum classifieds. Companies in violation will be black-balled.

POLICY VIOLATIONS
    Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board who accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will be permanently banned from the Forum.