Powder Valley Sinclair Int'l Midsouth Shooters Bruno Shooters' Supply Bullets.com Shooting Supplies Lapua Products at Grafs.com Click to Donate to Site
By Clicking HERE to Shop at Amazon.com You Can Help Support the Forum.

Author Topic: Looking for loads for 6.5 Creedmoor  (Read 3681 times)

Offline k80skeet

• Site $$ Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Ace Member
Looking for loads for 6.5 Creedmoor
« on: 05:19 AM, 11/13/11 »
  • I am looking for loads for 6.5 Creedmoor.  I would like to hear what is your best accuracy loads and which powder and bullets work best in a 1 in 8 twist barrel.  I also would like to know what didn't work so I don't waste a lot of time and money on stuff that doesn't shoot.  Thanks Russ

Online jonbearman

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+185)
    • Ace Member
    • I live in new york state,how unfortunate !
    « Reply #1 on: 07:28 AM, 11/13/11 »
  • What is wrong with the load on the hornady box? From what has been written on this limited subject,most fellas seem to think the factory load shoots pretty well. You can also find load imfo in the new hornady manual.
    Jon  Lennon and Norman who is a german shorthair,my buddy!

Offline dreever

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+12)
    • Ace Member
    « Reply #2 on: 10:09 AM, 11/13/11 »
  • Don't have one myself but I hear the 130 grain Berger falls nicely between the 120 and 140. Stellar accuracy too I'm told.

Danny

Offline glo

• Trade Count: (0)
    « Reply #3 on: 11:23 AM, 11/13/11 »
  • More info please. What discipline or rifle are you shooting? Especially important is your shooting distance.

If your just a weekender shooting off a bench at the local 100yd range then shoot 140gr Hornady AMAX bullets over H4350. That is the load the cartridge was built around.

Other then that suggestion let us know what you are shooting.
    Life is a journey not a destination

Offline offgrid

• Trade Count: (+3)
    « Reply #4 on: 11:54 AM, 11/13/11 »
  • 4350/130 VLD's best combo in my 8 twist, 26".

Offline k80skeet

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Ace Member
    « Reply #5 on: 06:02 AM, 11/14/11 »
  • I tried the 120gr with 43.5 of H4350  .020 off lands & the 140gr Hornady "A" Max with 41.5 of H4350 at both .020 &.040 off lands the shot (3) shot groups .750" &.800"  The 120 grs didn't shoot nearly as well.  I also tried 3 other 120gr range with the same load 43.5 H4350 120gr Nosler Ballistic tip, Sierra 123gr SMK, & Sierra 120gr SMK. and the only that was under 1" group was the 120gr SMK. .750" the others were over 1" groups.  I intend to shoot these from 300 to 600 yards.  The rifle is a 1 in 8 twist light weight class under 10 lbs.
    « Last Edit: 06:08 AM, 11/14/11 by k80skeet »

Offline offgrid

• Trade Count: (+3)
    « Reply #6 on: 07:11 PM, 11/14/11 »
  • 130VLD/44.5 4350 @ 2960, .100 jump. Used this load for steel matches out to 550yds.

Also tried 140 Amax, 139 Scenar, 142SMk. The 130's shined in my rifle.

You might try bumping up your charges in steps on the 120/123 bullets, I believe the factory 120 Amax load was 44.5 4350? You may be below an accuracy node?

Offline k80skeet

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Ace Member
    « Reply #7 on: 03:37 PM, 11/19/11 »
  • I tried the 44.5 grs of H4350 with the 120gr "A" Max's they shot excellent (5) 3 shot groups all under 1/2" smallest .375 the largest .450  Thanks Russ    Now all I need is a god load for the 140gr "A" Max

Offline abishai

• Trade Count: (0)
    « Reply #8 on: 10:23 PM, 11/20/11 »
  • I used 41 g of IMR 4350 behind a 130 Norma . Shot a 1" 10 shot group through a factoy Ruger M77 (pencil barrel). This was a fire form load. I don't think highly of hornady brass so I ran a 7mm expander ball through some 6 XC brass, neck sized with my 6.5 CM die (to give a false shouler) and now I have quality norma brass to work with. With less cafine and my now fire formed brass, I think I can shrink the group a bit.
    If the primers hold and the creek dont rise.......

Recent Classifieds

DONATE HERE

Sold Stuff Here? Donations Keep our Classifieds Free.

Facebook LINK

Advertise

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

All sellers must have a complete Forum profile, including City, State, and VALID email address. All sellers must provide current true identity, phone number and address to buyer on request.

All sellers must enable their email and private message options.

Sellers MUST state an asking price for all listed goods, which may be supplemented by a request for offers. This site does not provide auction functionality, so there is no automated procedure to accept, qualify, or rank bids.

All sellers must mark sold items as "SOLD". And delete your ads when the transaction is complete. A "stickie" explains how to do this.

All sellers must disclose if the item is posted for sale elsewhere and state that the item is "subject to prior sale."

Any seller who uses deceptive photos, lies about key components or major defects will have his advert deleted without notice and is subject to being banned from the Forum forever.

PROHIBITED PRODUCTS

1. Damaged or bulged barrels (unless they are sold only as salvage metal and are clearly described as "not to be used with live ammunition".)

2. Loaded ammunition that has been loaded or reloaded by a private party (e.g. NOT factory-loaded ammo).

3. Hand-mixed powders of any kind, or powder of unknown origin/date/burn rate.

4. Any actions, rifles, or sound suppressors with damaged or obscured serial numbers.

5. Scopes with broken internals or broken lenses.

Commercial Ads
    Commercial businesses which are current, paying sponsors may post Classifieds. These shall be posted in the "Commercial Sales" area ONLY. If you sell products commercially, and are NOT paying for advertising, you are NOT allowed to post Forum classifieds. Companies in violation will be black-balled.

POLICY VIOLATIONS
    Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board who accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will be permanently banned from the Forum.