Powder Valley Sinclair Int'l Midsouth Shooters Bruno Shooters' Supply Bullets.com Shooting Supplies Lapua Products at Grafs.com Click to Donate to Site
By Clicking HERE to Shop at Amazon.com You Can Help Support the Forum.

Author Topic: Pact Chronograph  (Read 2054 times)

Offline garywfisher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Basic Member
Pact Chronograph
« on: 04:56 PM, 06/18/11 »
  • Does anyone have a suggestion of alterations to a Pact Professional Chronograph to allow it to give reliable and accurate results?  Mine works about 10% of the time.

Offline TonyinKY

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+19)
    Pact Chronograph
    « Reply #1 on: 07:45 PM, 06/18/11 »
  • Contact PACT. Your chronograph has a lifetime warranty. I think you may have to pay $20 return shipping. It has been awhile since I last checked.
    http://www.pact.com/

Offline CPGFan

• Trade Count: (+7)
    Pact Chronograph
    « Reply #2 on: 08:20 PM, 06/18/11 »
  • I have had two pact chronographs and have had the same problems, very unreliable!!  I sent one back to where I bought it and the second one I just got tired of fighting it and bought an Oehler 35. It has been worth every pennny, haven't had a failure to read yet.  My pact always faulted on "No Start Command"  and everything was set up right.  Not sure what the deal is.

Offline JohnnyJohnson

• Trade Count: (+31)
    Pact Chronograph
    « Reply #3 on: 11:18 PM, 06/18/11 »
  • I have had the older Pact1 for 22 years now it has been as good as it gets for what I need.

My buddy has the one like yours and he has had problems as well.
    NRA Life Time Member
    NBRSA

Offline bozo699

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+67)
    • Ace Member
    Pact Chronograph
    « Reply #4 on: 03:03 AM, 07/05/11 »
  • I would put my Pact II on the classifieds of this forum for FREE but after thinking it over there isn't a single forum member I hate that bad,.....What a piece of JUNK!!!!  I think I am going to buy a PVM-21 unless I find a Oehler 35 for such a good deal I can't pass it up.
    Wayne.
    « Last Edit: 10:42 AM, 07/05/11 by bozo699 »
    Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder!!!
    Aim Small Miss Small.

Offline Erik Cortina

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+19)
    • Ace Member
    • Team Lapua-Brux Captain
      • Xtreme Concrete
    Pact Chronograph
    « Reply #5 on: 08:26 AM, 07/05/11 »
  • Does anyone have a suggestion of alterations to a Pact Professional Chronograph to allow it to give reliable and accurate results?  Mine works about 10% of the time.

My suggestion is to throw it away and get an Oehler 35! ;D
    Member - Lapua Team USA
    At some point, the shooter becomes the limiting factor in accuracy!

Offline jscandale

• Trade Count: (+9)
    • Ace Member
      • Keystone Accuracy
    Pact Chronograph
    « Reply #6 on: 09:45 AM, 07/05/11 »
  • Gary,

I would love to tell you why I would never buy anything that has the Pact name on it but unfortunate there is not enough bandwidth for my explanation.  I had 2 professional XP chronos and came very close to smashing them both off the concrete.  After a full year of constant frustration and money spent sending them back to the manufacturer numerous times with no results, I just sold it cheap on eBay.  I have used an Oehler 35 and they certainly are the standard, but give the CED Millennium a try. I have had one for about 4 years and been very satisfied with it for many reasons and I have never got an unregistered shot with it.

In short, PACT IS TOTAL JUNK!!!!!!  But what pisses me off the most is that they make a heavy claim about being made in the US, which insults me as an American.
    JS
    « Last Edit: 09:49 AM, 07/05/11 by jscandale »
    www.keystoneaccuracy.com
    serving the discriminating rifleman

Offline fdshuster

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+93)
    • Ace Member
    Pact Chronograph
    « Reply #7 on: 02:16 PM, 07/05/11 »
  • Cannot comment of the Pact chronograph, but did try their electronic scale & powder dispenser, and felt good about the purchase since I was buying "Made in the USA". Within 1 week of receiving, it was shipped back for the refund. A huge disappointment. About 6 yrs. ago bought their electronic powder scale, and it too was returned for a refund. So, 2 strikes, I won't be going back for a third try. And here we are, trying to support "Made in the USA". :(
    Civilian Marksmanship Program/ Distinguished Pistol, 1982

Offline jscandale

• Trade Count: (+9)
    • Ace Member
      • Keystone Accuracy
    Pact Chronograph
    « Reply #8 on: 02:47 PM, 07/05/11 »
  • Cannot comment of the Pact chronograph, but did try their electronic scale & powder dispenser, and felt good about the purchase since I was buying "Made in the USA". Within 1 week of receiving, it was shipped back for the refund. A huge disappointment. About 6 yrs. ago bought their electronic powder scale, and it too was returned for a refund. So, 2 strikes, I won't be going back for a third try. And here we are, trying to support "Made in the USA". :(
    At least you weren't made a sucker like me.  I also had a Pact powder scale and dispenser tha I sent back for an advertised speed up upgrade to the tune of $80 plus shipping both ways.  When I got it back, no difference at all.  I was irritated, but was irate after having gotten off the phone with them.  As I said in my last post, they lean really hard on the fact that they are made in Texas by some good ol' boys, but they treat their customers like dog crap.  Even the instructions are insulting.
    It's no wonder the Chinese are kicking our asses on the economic front with manufacturers like Pact waiving the red white and blue around like it's a punch line.  Like I said, not enough bandwidth to explain the distain that I have for Pact.

JS
    www.keystoneaccuracy.com
    serving the discriminating rifleman

Offline nosualc

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+3)
    • Ace Member
    Pact Chronograph
    « Reply #9 on: 09:19 PM, 07/05/11 »
  • I had a Pact chrono. Missed shots all the time with no discernible pattern. Frustrating POS.

I bought an Oehler 35, and am much happier. I even had a minor problem that Oehler immediately and cheerfully remedied.

I thought about selling the Pact, but I couldn't honestly tell anybody it was worth even a fraction of its original cost. Not worth the trouble. I ended up giving it to a buddy's dad-in-law.

Fool me once Pact, you won't get another chance.

-nosualc

ps - In fairness it was amazingly dependable when I shot arrows through it; 292fps, never missed a shot. Too bad it missed more than half when the projectiles were 10x that speed.
    « Last Edit: 09:25 PM, 07/05/11 by nosualc »
    "Were we nuts when we pointed to the moon? We went up there and you know what we got? Bored."

Offline bozo699

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+67)
    • Ace Member
    Pact Chronograph
    « Reply #10 on: 12:15 AM, 07/06/11 »
  • Well fellas I will believe it when I see it, I called Pact today and talked to real person, he treated me like I was a idiot but when he got done asking me questions like do you have a battery in it? does the battery have the correct voltage in it? ( no I actually bought a 9 V battery that has 14V in it????) do you have the right cord plugged in ect ect ect.... When all that was finished he said put a check for $14.95 in the box along with the two sensors and the printer and send it to them. This is what will probably happen, I will ship it for $5.00 they will say there is nothing wrong with it and send it back, now why it will cost them $14.95 to ship it back when I will only have to pay $5.00 is beyond me. I just received 20#'s of sand for $11.95 shipping??? anyway we will see, I'll let you know what happens.
    Wayne.
    Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder!!!
    Aim Small Miss Small.

Offline Erud

• Trade Count: (+6)
    Pact Chronograph
    « Reply #11 on: 01:36 PM, 07/06/11 »
  • I agree with everyone else's replies - It's a total piece of crap.  I bought one about 5 years ago and it worked perfectly the first time I took it to the range and then never again.  Wasted a lot of time trying to figure out what i was doing wrong and wondering if bad readings were actually good, etc.  Sent it back to PACT after I could stand no more.  They "fixed" it, but for some reason it still had the exact same problems when I got it back 2 months later. Sold it at a huge loss after fully disclosing it's problems to a guy who wanted it for spare parts for one he had that actually worked.  No more PACT garbage for me.

I bought an Oehler 35P as soon as I heard that they were back in production and it has been excellent.  It is accurate and reliable and very easy and intuitive to use.  One of my buddies shot out one of the sky screens and it still measured accurately with only 2 screens until the replacement arrived.  The only weak link(if there is one) would be the tube that the skyscreens mount to.  It is functional, but somewhat cheesy.  There is a guy on this board that makes his own out of square aluminum tubing and it is an excellent upgrade if you have a 35P...

Good luck,
    Erik

Recent Classifieds

DONATE HERE

Sold Stuff Here? Donations Keep our Classifieds Free.

Facebook LINK

Advertise

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

All sellers must have a complete Forum profile, including City, State, and VALID email address. All sellers must provide current true identity, phone number and address to buyer on request.

All sellers must enable their email and private message options.

Sellers MUST state an asking price for all listed goods, which may be supplemented by a request for offers. This site does not provide auction functionality, so there is no automated procedure to accept, qualify, or rank bids.

All sellers must mark sold items as "SOLD". And delete your ads when the transaction is complete. A "stickie" explains how to do this.

All sellers must disclose if the item is posted for sale elsewhere and state that the item is "subject to prior sale."

Any seller who uses deceptive photos, lies about key components or major defects will have his advert deleted without notice and is subject to being banned from the Forum forever.

PROHIBITED PRODUCTS

1. Damaged or bulged barrels (unless they are sold only as salvage metal and are clearly described as "not to be used with live ammunition".)

2. Loaded ammunition that has been loaded or reloaded by a private party (e.g. NOT factory-loaded ammo).

3. Hand-mixed powders of any kind, or powder of unknown origin/date/burn rate.

4. Any actions, rifles, or sound suppressors with damaged or obscured serial numbers.

5. Scopes with broken internals or broken lenses.

Commercial Ads
    Commercial businesses which are current, paying sponsors may post Classifieds. These shall be posted in the "Commercial Sales" area ONLY. If you sell products commercially, and are NOT paying for advertising, you are NOT allowed to post Forum classifieds. Companies in violation will be black-balled.

POLICY VIOLATIONS
    Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board who accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will be permanently banned from the Forum.