Powder Valley Sinclair Int'l Midsouth Shooters Bruno Shooters' Supply Bullets.com Shooting Supplies Lapua Products at Grafs.com Click to Donate to Site
By Clicking HERE to Shop at Amazon.com You Can Help Support the Forum.

Author Topic: Has VihtaVuori N130 Been Discontinued?  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Gary T

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Basic Member
Has VihtaVuori N130 Been Discontinued?
« on: 11:05 PM, 05/27/11 »
  • Hey guys,
    I have an XP 100 chambered in 22 Rem BR that absolutely loves VitaVuori N130. It's been some years since I last shot it as I only shoot it for prairie dog hunting. I called my local handloading store today to check on price/availability of the powder and was shocked when he told me it had been discontinued. :'( I've checked "Google" some, but haven't found anything definitive. Some internet stores (Midway and Sinclair, for example) show it as discontinued, while others (Eabco and Virgin Powder) show it available. I've sent an email to VihtaVuori asking the same question, but thought I'd check w/ y'all as well  ;)(the only other time I sent VV an email, they didn't respond). Thanks.

Good luck and good hunting. 

Offline kitsap

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+7)
    « Reply #1 on: 12:34 PM, 05/28/11 »
  • Gary,

As far as the VV web site shows, it is still being manufactured.  The last time I asked this question the reply was that N130 was not one of their more popular powders in the US and thus it is not often included in an import shipment.  I just looked this AM on Powder Valley and they show 1 lb containers in stock.
    http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

DougF
    Kitsap

Offline ab_bentley

• Trade Count: (+9)
    « Reply #2 on: 12:35 AM, 05/29/11 »
  • It's right there with N120, one day they stopped making it in large batch's. I would give my left arm for 16lbs of N120. Adam
    Ammo: Always need more

Offline fastnflat1

• Trade Count: (+4)
    « Reply #3 on: 01:50 PM, 05/30/11 »
  • sinclair Int. has viht powders on sale now. pretty sure i seen N130 listed
    this country is goin to HELL in a handbasket and if we dont stand up and do something the basket will burn up before we get there.

Offline ab_bentley

• Trade Count: (+9)
    « Reply #4 on: 10:33 PM, 06/01/11 »
  • They still make it, just in 1lb bottles. :( Adam
    Ammo: Always need more

Offline MrMajestic

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (0)
    • Ace Member
    « Reply #5 on: 07:32 PM, 06/02/11 »
  • Can't be as tough as finding N105! Ever since Alliant realized Blue Dot caused birth defects, cancer, holes in the ozone and world hunger its been my replacement. Bought a bunch when Graf's waived the hazmat. Good luck in your search!
    "That which does not destroy me, has made a huge tactical error"

Recent Classifieds

DONATE HERE

Sold Stuff Here? Donations Keep our Classifieds Free.

Facebook LINK

Advertise

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

All sellers must have a complete Forum profile, including City, State, and VALID email address. All sellers must provide current true identity, phone number and address to buyer on request.

All sellers must enable their email and private message options.

Sellers MUST state an asking price for all listed goods, which may be supplemented by a request for offers. This site does not provide auction functionality, so there is no automated procedure to accept, qualify, or rank bids.

All sellers must mark sold items as "SOLD". And delete your ads when the transaction is complete. A "stickie" explains how to do this.

All sellers must disclose if the item is posted for sale elsewhere and state that the item is "subject to prior sale."

Any seller who uses deceptive photos, lies about key components or major defects will have his advert deleted without notice and is subject to being banned from the Forum forever.

PROHIBITED PRODUCTS

1. Damaged or bulged barrels (unless they are sold only as salvage metal and are clearly described as "not to be used with live ammunition".)

2. Loaded ammunition that has been loaded or reloaded by a private party (e.g. NOT factory-loaded ammo).

3. Hand-mixed powders of any kind, or powder of unknown origin/date/burn rate.

4. Any actions, rifles, or sound suppressors with damaged or obscured serial numbers.

5. Scopes with broken internals or broken lenses.

Commercial Ads
    Commercial businesses which are current, paying sponsors may post Classifieds. These shall be posted in the "Commercial Sales" area ONLY. If you sell products commercially, and are NOT paying for advertising, you are NOT allowed to post Forum classifieds. Companies in violation will be black-balled.

POLICY VIOLATIONS
    Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board who accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will be permanently banned from the Forum.