Powder Valley Sinclair Int'l Midsouth Shooters Bruno Shooters' Supply Bullets.com Shooting Supplies Lapua Products at Grafs.com Click to Donate to Site
By Clicking HERE to Shop at Amazon.com You Can Help Support the Forum.

Author Topic: Redding vs. RCBS turret press  (Read 2195 times)

Offline wvuredneck09

• Site $$ Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+20)
Redding vs. RCBS turret press
« on: 08:29 PM, 04/29/11 »
  • which one do you guys prefer, anyone that has every used both?  Anyone have concentricity issues with either?  Don't care about depriming/priming but do want quality.  Is the redding worth the extra buck?   biggest difference is price on spare turrets, which I'd like to be able to set up my dies and leave them so I'll need a few spares.
    I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns

Offline brian427cobra

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (0)
    • Ace Member
    « Reply #1 on: 09:39 AM, 04/30/11 »
  • IMHO anything lighter green(Redding) is better than darker green(RCBS), but I would skip both and get a Co-Ax.

Offline dtucker

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+286)
    • Ace Member
    « Reply #2 on: 12:49 PM, 04/30/11 »
  • Look at what Harrels has to offer. His turret press can be bought with extra turret heads also and you have the option as to how many threaded holes for dies also. As to producing better ammo i could not say but i would bet the tolerances and fit are better on his. I have used plenty of his stuff and he makes top notch equiptment.
    Dan Tucker  
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Wish you were here

Offline wvuredneck09

• Site $$ Contributor
    « Reply #3 on: 10:20 PM, 04/30/11 »
  • where can one get a harrell's and whats the price, haven't ruled out the forester but did rule out the RCBS today at the NRA convention, sloppy, sloppy, sloppy

Offline JohnnyJohnson

• Trade Count: (+33)
    NRA Life Time Member
    NBRSA

Offline dlong

• Trade Count: (0)
    « Reply #5 on: 05:20 PM, 05/01/11 »
  • I have the T7 turret and love it.  Very Solid.  Most of my stuff is Redding...press and dies ....all competition seaters.

Offline wvuredneck09

• Site $$ Contributor
    Redding vs. RCBS turret press vs. Co-Ax
    « Reply #6 on: 06:32 PM, 05/01/11 »
  • Also got a chance today to see a forester Co-ax in action and I'm not thinking about it very seriously, what a great press.  Do you have to use the forester rings with it? will reddings or lee "O-ring" lock rings work in it?  I like them for my rock chucker and have put them on most of my dies.

Offline wvuredneck09

• Site $$ Contributor
    « Reply #7 on: 06:07 PM, 05/05/11 »
  • BTT

Recent Classifieds

DONATE HERE

Sold Stuff Here? Donations Keep our Classifieds Free.

Facebook LINK

Advertise

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

All sellers must have a complete Forum profile, including City, State, and VALID email address. All sellers must provide current true identity, phone number and address to buyer on request.

All sellers must enable their email and private message options.

Sellers MUST state an asking price for all listed goods, which may be supplemented by a request for offers. This site does not provide auction functionality, so there is no automated procedure to accept, qualify, or rank bids.

All sellers must mark sold items as "SOLD". And delete your ads when the transaction is complete. A "stickie" explains how to do this.

All sellers must disclose if the item is posted for sale elsewhere and state that the item is "subject to prior sale."

Any seller who uses deceptive photos, lies about key components or major defects will have his advert deleted without notice and is subject to being banned from the Forum forever.

PROHIBITED PRODUCTS

1. Damaged or bulged barrels (unless they are sold only as salvage metal and are clearly described as "not to be used with live ammunition".)

2. Loaded ammunition that has been loaded or reloaded by a private party (e.g. NOT factory-loaded ammo).

3. Hand-mixed powders of any kind, or powder of unknown origin/date/burn rate.

4. Any actions, rifles, or sound suppressors with damaged or obscured serial numbers.

5. Scopes with broken internals or broken lenses.

Commercial Ads
    Commercial businesses which are current, paying sponsors may post Classifieds. These shall be posted in the "Commercial Sales" area ONLY. If you sell products commercially, and are NOT paying for advertising, you are NOT allowed to post Forum classifieds. Companies in violation will be black-balled.

POLICY VIOLATIONS
    Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board who accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will be permanently banned from the Forum.