Powder Valley Sinclair Int'l Midsouth Shooters Bruno Shooters' Supply Bullets.com Shooting Supplies Lapua Products at Grafs.com Click to Donate to Site
By Clicking HERE to Shop at Amazon.com You Can Help Support the Forum.

Author Topic: Savage Mark II FV-SR on the way.  (Read 5710 times)

Offline JLM

• Trade Count: (0)
Savage Mark II FV-SR on the way.
« on: 06:38 PM, 02/07/11 »
  • Have you seen the new FV-SR?  It has a one piece scope rail, tacticool bolt handle, and fluted bull barrel at 16".  Oh and it also comes with a cheap tupperware stock so you can upgrade right away ;D

I've been reading about the hit and miss of the TR barrels and others on the Mark II's.  I tried to buy one locally, but no-one had one or could get one.  I picked up two from Buds Gun Shop on line.

I also picked up a Boyd's tacticool stock about a month ago for $40 on a special factory second deal.  I bought a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x from Midway on sale.  That was supposed to be for something else.  I think I'll give it a shot on the 22LR.

Pictures to come.  Wish me luck.

JLM

Offline JLM

« Reply #1 on: 10:36 PM, 02/25/11 »
  • Ok pictures as promised.

The Boyd's tacticool stock feel WAY better than the factory plastic.  Don't kid yourself the tacticool is not a B&C or anything like that.  You need to be careful with it the wood left in the inletting is thin and the stock is soft.

I added texturing to the grip areas with marine tex and I'll bed the action eventually.

The bottom metal I got from stockys was a surprise.  The trigger guard is nice but the Mag plate is a flat(er) version of the standard thin steel junk.  The mag plate was all fubared when I got it.  I'm still contemplating what to do about it.  I see there's a 1/8" thick plate available but what I don't get is why no one picks up the pillar behind the magazine (pen in picture is pointing at it).  Sure it's close to the pillar under the trigger guard, but using the pillar instead of a wood screw in the stock has got to be better.  I mic'd it all out and drew it up in turbo cad.  Then cut it out and placed it next to what's there.  I sub some work to a fab shop with a water jet.  I'm going to have him knock a few out of 1/8" for me.    I still can't find any longer #12-32 screws for the pillars.  Guess I need to call Savage for some screws and pick up some more magazines as well.

The stock rifle has a fixed 4x BSA on it and the other has a Bushnell Elite 3200 fixed 10x on it.  The 10x is a bit much for anything under 50yards but I wanted it for 100 to 200 yards.  I need a 20 minute rail.

Thanks for looking,
    Jeff

« Last Edit: 10:38 PM, 02/25/11 by JLM »

Offline JLM

« Reply #2 on: 10:43 PM, 02/25/11 »
  • Here's a group shot with the factory stock and 4x BSA.  This group is the last 30-35 rounds of the first 110 rounds ever fired out of the rifle.

It was 'about' 60 yards.  Shot prone off a bipod.  About 60 because I shot from under a pine tree (much less snow) and was behind the about 50 yard bench.  I used CCI standard velocity.  I'm very happy with it.

Jeff

Recent Classifieds

DONATE HERE

Sold Stuff Here? Donations Keep our Classifieds Free.

Facebook LINK

Advertise

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

All sellers must have a complete Forum profile, including City, State, and VALID email address. All sellers must provide current true identity, phone number and address to buyer on request.

All sellers must enable their email and private message options.

Sellers MUST state an asking price for all listed goods, which may be supplemented by a request for offers. This site does not provide auction functionality, so there is no automated procedure to accept, qualify, or rank bids.

All sellers must mark sold items as "SOLD". And delete your ads when the transaction is complete. A "stickie" explains how to do this.

All sellers must disclose if the item is posted for sale elsewhere and state that the item is "subject to prior sale."

Any seller who uses deceptive photos, lies about key components or major defects will have his advert deleted without notice and is subject to being banned from the Forum forever.

PROHIBITED PRODUCTS

1. Damaged or bulged barrels (unless they are sold only as salvage metal and are clearly described as "not to be used with live ammunition".)

2. Loaded ammunition that has been loaded or reloaded by a private party (e.g. NOT factory-loaded ammo).

3. Hand-mixed powders of any kind, or powder of unknown origin/date/burn rate.

4. Any actions, rifles, or sound suppressors with damaged or obscured serial numbers.

5. Scopes with broken internals or broken lenses.

Commercial Ads
    Commercial businesses which are current, paying sponsors may post Classifieds. These shall be posted in the "Commercial Sales" area ONLY. If you sell products commercially, and are NOT paying for advertising, you are NOT allowed to post Forum classifieds. Companies in violation will be black-balled.

POLICY VIOLATIONS
    Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board who accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will be permanently banned from the Forum.