Powder Valley Sinclair Int'l Midsouth Shooters Bruno Shooters' Supply Bullets.com Shooting Supplies Lapua Products at Grafs.com Click to Donate to Site
By Clicking HERE to Shop at Amazon.com You Can Help Support the Forum.

Author Topic: semi auto 30-06 with high capacity magazines  (Read 5900 times)

Offline wesleysgreen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Basic Member
hello, I am looking for some suggestions for a semi auto project that will be a tactical weapon when finished. I need so advice on who makes good semi auto 30-06 actions new or old that i could find.

I want around 1 MOA, rock solid performance, and external magazine with atleast 10rnd capacity.

I will re-barrel and put a synthetic stock on after a little while.

This will be a twin to a 30-06 bolt action i am building also in 30-06 (I love the caliber and will not change for a while, maybe I will do a bolt/semi auto twin build in .308 latter but that seems like an all to easy thing these days!)

A Garand will not do B/C the internal magazine and the BAR's that i have seen have a removable internal magazine. Much thanks for your input! Wes

Offline wesleysgreen

• Basic Member
semi auto 30-06 with high capacity magazines
« Reply #1 on: 05:17 PM, 11/27/10 »
  • I am thinking to find an older BAR in need of some care and have it blueprinted and a custom barrel. Mate the barrel and new action, custom synthetic stock and bobs your uncle that might work but it will be alot of cash!!

What do you think?

Offline Rewinder

• Trade Count: (+28)
    • Ace Member
    « Reply #2 on: 08:27 PM, 11/27/10 »
  • Have you check out these guys at http://www.remington7400.com/index.php You could pick up some ideas.  Randy

Offline Steave

• Trade Count: (+1)
    « Reply #3 on: 03:21 AM, 11/28/10 »
  • Here's my hi-cap .30-06, well, other than those that need belts...

Offline wesleysgreen

• Basic Member
    « Reply #4 on: 03:30 AM, 11/28/10 »
  • I have checked the remington 7400 out and I think it is a great hunting rifle, but I do not think it is sturdy enough to sustain fire in combat. I need something that will be dependible after 150 rnds continous fire. It looks like they have done some really nice stuff with the 7400. Wes
    « Last Edit: 03:32 AM, 11/28/10 by wesleysgreen »

Offline wesleysgreen

• Basic Member
    « Reply #5 on: 03:35 AM, 11/28/10 »
  • That is more of what i am after! Alittle on the large size and I think they go for about $4000. I wish I could find one cheaper! Wes

Offline shortgrass

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+4)
    • Ace Member
    « Reply #6 on: 11:11 AM, 11/28/10 »
  • I've seen a conversion done to the Garand so that it will accept and use BAR magazines. Looks like some serious work involved, but would come closer to your requirements than the semi-auto hunting rifles. I wouldn't expect to find a BAR, in any condition, at a bargin price.
    « Last Edit: 11:13 AM, 11/28/10 by shortgrass »
    Post count and I.Q. are two different things!

Offline nfhjr62

« Reply #7 on: 12:29 PM, 11/28/10 »
  • Like the picture of the BAR, better yet look's like Steve has a REAL BIG BORE Rifle judging from the chassis frame the bar is sitting on

Offline JDJones

• Trade Count: (+5)
    « Reply #8 on: 06:51 PM, 11/28/10 »
  • I have checked the remington 7400 out and I think it is a great hunting rifle, but I do not think it is sturdy enough to sustain fire in combat. I need something that will be dependible after 150 rnds continous fire. It looks like they have done some really nice stuff with the 7400. Wes
    where exactly are you going to see combat and whay the hell would you choose a caliber that NOBOY else will have ammo for?
    The 30-06 beats the 308 by what 150 fps , in a "combat" situation where a high rate of fire is needed the bad guy will never notice

But if you just gotta have one Cobb make a AR style semi auto up to 338 Lapua
    Nope , I'm not "The" J.D. Jones of SSK , I made my screen name and never thought about it

Offline Steave

• Trade Count: (+1)
    « Reply #9 on: 09:50 PM, 11/28/10 »
  • Like the picture of the BAR, better yet look's like Steve has a REAL BIG BORE Rifle judging from the chassis frame the bar is sitting on

Yep, it is a bit bigger than .30 cal, 75mm to be exact!

Offline wesleysgreen

• Basic Member
    « Reply #10 on: 04:43 PM, 12/03/10 »
  • I will not coment on the "see combat" question. I would like to have a o;der sort of tribute weapon and I have tons of respect for the 30-06 so that is where I am starting for my combat dedicated collection. I am well awear that the military does not use 30-06, anymore. COBB was bought buy Bushmaster and the multi-caliber weapon is no longer made. I will do a .308 project with a bolt action rifle and a semi or full auto rifle I just want to do the 30-06 first. Thanks for checking out the post and have fun with shooting! Wes

Recent Classifieds

DONATE HERE

Sold Stuff Here? Donations Keep our Classifieds Free.

Facebook LINK

Advertise

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

All sellers must have a complete Forum profile, including City, State, and VALID email address. All sellers must provide current true identity, phone number and address to buyer on request.

All sellers must enable their email and private message options.

Sellers MUST state an asking price for all listed goods, which may be supplemented by a request for offers. This site does not provide auction functionality, so there is no automated procedure to accept, qualify, or rank bids.

All sellers must mark sold items as "SOLD". And delete your ads when the transaction is complete. A "stickie" explains how to do this.

All sellers must disclose if the item is posted for sale elsewhere and state that the item is "subject to prior sale."

Any seller who uses deceptive photos, lies about key components or major defects will have his advert deleted without notice and is subject to being banned from the Forum forever.

PROHIBITED PRODUCTS

1. Damaged or bulged barrels (unless they are sold only as salvage metal and are clearly described as "not to be used with live ammunition".)

2. Loaded ammunition that has been loaded or reloaded by a private party (e.g. NOT factory-loaded ammo).

3. Hand-mixed powders of any kind, or powder of unknown origin/date/burn rate.

4. Any actions, rifles, or sound suppressors with damaged or obscured serial numbers.

5. Scopes with broken internals or broken lenses.

Commercial Ads
    Commercial businesses which are current, paying sponsors may post Classifieds. These shall be posted in the "Commercial Sales" area ONLY. If you sell products commercially, and are NOT paying for advertising, you are NOT allowed to post Forum classifieds. Companies in violation will be black-balled.

POLICY VIOLATIONS
    Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board who accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will be permanently banned from the Forum.