Powder Valley Sinclair Int'l Midsouth Shooters Bruno Shooters' Supply Bullets.com Shooting Supplies Lapua Products at Grafs.com Click to Donate to Site
By Clicking HERE to Shop at Amazon.com You Can Help Support the Forum.

Author Topic: 30x47  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Kian

• Trade Count: (+33)
30x47
« on: 03:11 PM, 11/05/10 »
  • just picked up a used barrel in 30x47 based off the 300 savage
    with a 15 twist any suggestions?

starting loads, easiest way to form brass, etc....

Thanks as always for the starting help

Kian

Offline Kenny474

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Ace Member
    30x47
    « Reply #1 on: 05:44 PM, 11/05/10 »
  • Little load data I found
    http://6mmbr.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=1463640&goto=nextnewest
    http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?32824-30x47-load-data
    http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?71457-30-X-47-Load-Data

Obviously none of this is my data, so I take no responsibility for your use of any loads in the previous links.

Good luck, sounds like a fun round.

Offline RICHP

• Trade Count: (+8)
    30x47
    « Reply #2 on: 08:04 PM, 11/05/10 »
  • I used a shortened 300 sav. size die. Push shoulder back until it would chamber. You will likely need to turn the necks on your brass. The barrel should be marked as to the neck size but sometime they are not. Most are around .330ish.

Richard
    The path you take is the path you choose.

Offline rangertim

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+33)
    30x47
    « Reply #3 on: 10:49 PM, 11/05/10 »
  • 118 ,120, 125 ,135, bibs 10x bergers vv-135 around 42 gr. I shoot a 30x47 1x17 twist, I use 118 10 oj. 42 gr. of vv-135 a light  jam. with the 1x15 I would give the 125 ish a try. 30cal. usualy like a jam and neck clearence I have a 332nk overall loaded round mics. at 328.5. I would use winchester brass. The lapua 308 brass will be to tight at the webb.
    « Last Edit: 10:58 PM, 11/05/10 by rangertim »

Offline gmitchell

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+6)
    30x47
    « Reply #4 on: 08:32 PM, 11/08/10 »
  • I used H4198, 135 sierra match king, 135 berger and 150FB bergers all worked very good.

Offline 2506

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Ace Member
    30x47
    « Reply #5 on: 08:53 PM, 11/11/10 »
  • I have a 10 twist 30X47 and it shoots 125 to 168 gr bullets with 42 grs IMR 4895. That is as much as you can get into a case and seat a bullet. 155 Berger VLD is very accurate but this rifle shoots everything very accurate. I mainly use it to deer hunt with. A 125 Nosler BT at 2850 fps will hammer deer. This rifle was made in the early 1980's as a hunter class rifle on a Ruger 77 action with a Canjar trigger. Don't know the make of the varmint weight 24" CM barrel. It is in the wood stock with bisonite bedding. I got it from an estate sale and the gun had just been made and only shot with some cast bullets less than 100 times when the fellow died. I have made cases from lots of different brass. 300 Savage WW and Rem. 308 Fed match and Rem and WW. I have to turn the necks on the 308 but not the 300 savage.

Recent Classifieds

DONATE HERE

Sold Stuff Here? Donations Keep our Classifieds Free.

Facebook LINK

Advertise

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

All sellers must have a complete Forum profile, including City, State, and VALID email address. All sellers must provide current true identity, phone number and address to buyer on request.

All sellers must enable their email and private message options.

Sellers MUST state an asking price for all listed goods, which may be supplemented by a request for offers. This site does not provide auction functionality, so there is no automated procedure to accept, qualify, or rank bids.

All sellers must mark sold items as "SOLD". And delete your ads when the transaction is complete. A "stickie" explains how to do this.

All sellers must disclose if the item is posted for sale elsewhere and state that the item is "subject to prior sale."

Any seller who uses deceptive photos, lies about key components or major defects will have his advert deleted without notice and is subject to being banned from the Forum forever.

PROHIBITED PRODUCTS

1. Damaged or bulged barrels (unless they are sold only as salvage metal and are clearly described as "not to be used with live ammunition".)

2. Loaded ammunition that has been loaded or reloaded by a private party (e.g. NOT factory-loaded ammo).

3. Hand-mixed powders of any kind, or powder of unknown origin/date/burn rate.

4. Any actions, rifles, or sound suppressors with damaged or obscured serial numbers.

5. Scopes with broken internals or broken lenses.

Commercial Ads
    Commercial businesses which are current, paying sponsors may post Classifieds. These shall be posted in the "Commercial Sales" area ONLY. If you sell products commercially, and are NOT paying for advertising, you are NOT allowed to post Forum classifieds. Companies in violation will be black-balled.

POLICY VIOLATIONS
    Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board who accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will be permanently banned from the Forum.