Powder Valley Sinclair Int'l Midsouth Shooters Bruno Shooters' Supply Bullets.com Shooting Supplies Lapua Products at Grafs.com Click to Donate to Site
By Clicking HERE to Shop at Amazon.com You Can Help Support the Forum.

Author Topic: 375,408 CHEYTAC  (Read 2880 times)

Offline ROBSTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Basic Member
375,408 CHEYTAC
« on: 03:53 PM, 09/23/09 »
  • DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON RELOADING THE 375 OR 408 CHEYTAC I`M THINKING ABOUT BUILDING A LONGE RANGE RIFLE FOR 1000 + YDS?ALSO LOOKING FOR AN ACTION AND BARREL FOR SUCH A BEAST ANY IDEAS LAWTON  8000 MAYBE? I TRIED TO GET ON LAWTONS SITE BUT CAN`T GET THERE. THANKS ROB

Offline cmillard

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+14)
    • Ace Member
    375,408 CHEYTAC
    « Reply #1 on: 07:46 AM, 09/25/09 »
  • i dont have any load info, but i know that mike rock at rock creek barrels did some extensive testing on the snipe tac calibers--.338, .375, .408--they are similar to the chey tac--give him a call maybe he can help you out.  i wouldnt go with lawton, ive heard in the past few years--since the owner passed away, that things went down hill for the company.  ive read on other forums that their actions were horrible, but maybe that has been ironed out.  stiller makes excellent receivers and now makes a large action that fits the cheytac sized cartridges.
    Cole Millard 1155

Offline Newberry

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Basic Member
    375,408 CHEYTAC
    « Reply #2 on: 06:15 PM, 01/01/12 »
  •  :)New at this site...I have a 375 chey tec the boys in N.C build it with a lawton barrel. The gun weights 24 #..with a N.F scope.
    I shoot 132 grs of RL 22 350 MKBT. Help we with old/new on this topic on this subject.
    Shot deer at 500 yrds DOA.
    Hold high and shoot Straight

Offline ROBSTER

• Basic Member
    375,408 CHEYTAC
    « Reply #3 on: 06:27 PM, 01/12/12 »
  • NEWBERRY
    Finally got my 375 cheytac this week she weighs 22.5 with night force scope and a Lawton barrel with a 11.5-1 twisthave you tried anything else other than 375 smk`s there real hard to find?
    Thanks Robster

Offline Newberry

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Basic Member
    375,408 CHEYTAC
    « Reply #4 on: 01:28 PM, 05/04/12 »
  • Sorry for being so late...I started out with the soilds 350 grs that Lost River had at that time. They were $$$ shot real good. They told me to us .999 BC and it was close at 1400yrds. Killed two deer at 700 yrs kock them down jump up and ran 50yrds. They were made in Arco Idaho. Do you need bullets ???  Where are you located...If I may ask.
    I'm in southwest Va.

Call me at home or I'll call you 276-682-3872

I old school like to talk to people not type.

Offline sidehill

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • Basic Member
    375,408 CHEYTAC
    « Reply #5 on: 07:29 PM, 05/04/12 »
  • I have two 375 cheytacs. One has a LR bore 11.5 twist that was built by Lawton on a 8000 action. It is a right bolt left port single shot that I rotated the scope 90 degree on so I dont have to reach over the scope to adjust windage. I can reload and dial up the windage and never take my eye of the scope. I have a spare barrel for it built by benchmark. Both barrels are LR bore 11.5 twist, 404 necks. I have shot the 370 gr. RM bullets out of both of the barrels out to 2000 Yards. The 370 RM bullets will hold half moa at that range. I have a 3"x 4" plate at a 1000 yards and both barrels will hit the plate using the RM 370 gr. If I shoot longer than 2000 yards I shoot the lost river 350 gr. solid projectiles.

The other 375 I have is a Stiller action and a brux barrel. 10 twist and a standard bore diameter it is set up for hunting. Th chamber is a .404 neck also. I shoot the 370 gr RM out of it. It will hold 1/3 moa out to 2000 yards with the RM bullets.

Jamison brass, Fed mag primers, 131 gr. Retumbo, 370 gr. RM bullets out of both guns.

Lawton action and barrel set up for solids.
    Jamison brass, Fed mag primers, 133 gr Retumbo, 350 gr Lost River solids.

Offline model 12 toby

• Ace Member
    375,408 CHEYTAC
    « Reply #6 on: 02:32 AM, 05/05/12 »
  • when i read this i almost puked in my lap. I can not even imagine such a device.

Offline nhm16

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+8)
    375,408 CHEYTAC
    « Reply #7 on: 08:16 AM, 05/05/12 »
  • when i read this i almost puked in my lap. I can not even imagine such a device.

Heh unimaginably awesome. I've been wanting a "mere" .338 Lapua or Norma mag but it would be a waste where I normally shoot.

Offline phil

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+67)
    • Ace Member
    375,408 CHEYTAC
    « Reply #8 on: 02:23 PM, 05/05/12 »

HAHAHA.........132gr. of powder.......I can load 100 .17AH rounds with that much powder..... ;D

Oh well.....It all depends on what makes you smile...

Offline model 12 toby

• Ace Member
    375,408 CHEYTAC
    « Reply #9 on: 02:29 PM, 05/05/12 »
  • i almost went with a lapua myself but even my 7mm rem mag around these parts it's a chore to find places to really open it up. got 770 up over the hill. ended up putting together a 6.5x47 lapua.

Offline TheBlueEyedBear

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+87)
    • Ace Member
    • 'The Nut Behind The Trigger'
    375,408 CHEYTAC
    « Reply #10 on: 02:59 PM, 05/05/12 »
  • Phil,
    I used to load 142.2gr of US869 in my 338 SNIPE-Tac.  Man-o-man, that thing beat the crap out of me.  Yep, I sold it.  But now, after learning about the mercury recoil reducerss,,, I would have put two of them in the stock and kept that gun.  Pushing that 269gr bullet at 3500fps was an awesome weapon.  I got to shoot one Elk with it and the impact all most took off the opposit shoulder.  It didn't go anywhere though.
    'The Blue-Eyed Bear'

It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.

Offline TheBlueEyedBear

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+87)
    • Ace Member
    • 'The Nut Behind The Trigger'
    375,408 CHEYTAC
    « Reply #11 on: 03:04 PM, 05/05/12 »
  • Robster,
    Check with Dave Viers.  http://www.viersco.com/
    Dave builds these guns and is an expert with the building loading and shooting.  Dave is also a real good guy and will build you one heck of a rifle.

This is my 338 Snipe-TAC Dave built.

Barry
    « Last Edit: 03:06 PM, 05/05/12 by TheBlueEyedBear »
    'The Blue-Eyed Bear'

It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.

Offline model 12 toby

• Ace Member
    375,408 CHEYTAC
    « Reply #12 on: 01:04 AM, 05/06/12 »
  • holy s**t you guys are crazy. lol.

Offline Newberry

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Basic Member
    375,408 CHEYTAC
    « Reply #13 on: 09:05 AM, 05/06/12 »
  • Sidehill...what stock are you using ??? ..I've got one of Shehane...the forearm is to small for this gun.I have a problem with cant past 800yrds. I have ordered the F-class bipod from Sinclair I hope this will help.

Thanks for any info

Offline sidehill

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • Basic Member
    375,408 CHEYTAC
    « Reply #14 on: 10:16 AM, 05/06/12 »
  • The Stiller is in a Mcmillian super mag A5 stock and the Lawton action is in a XLR stock.

Recent Classifieds

DONATE HERE

Sold Stuff Here? Donations Keep our Classifieds Free.

Facebook LINK

Advertise

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

All sellers must have a complete Forum profile, including City, State, and VALID email address. All sellers must provide current true identity, phone number and address to buyer on request.

All sellers must enable their email and private message options.

Sellers MUST state an asking price for all listed goods, which may be supplemented by a request for offers. This site does not provide auction functionality, so there is no automated procedure to accept, qualify, or rank bids.

All sellers must mark sold items as "SOLD". And delete your ads when the transaction is complete. A "stickie" explains how to do this.

All sellers must disclose if the item is posted for sale elsewhere and state that the item is "subject to prior sale."

Any seller who uses deceptive photos, lies about key components or major defects will have his advert deleted without notice and is subject to being banned from the Forum forever.

PROHIBITED PRODUCTS

1. Damaged or bulged barrels (unless they are sold only as salvage metal and are clearly described as "not to be used with live ammunition".)

2. Loaded ammunition that has been loaded or reloaded by a private party (e.g. NOT factory-loaded ammo).

3. Hand-mixed powders of any kind, or powder of unknown origin/date/burn rate.

4. Any actions, rifles, or sound suppressors with damaged or obscured serial numbers.

5. Scopes with broken internals or broken lenses.

Commercial Ads
    Commercial businesses which are current, paying sponsors may post Classifieds. These shall be posted in the "Commercial Sales" area ONLY. If you sell products commercially, and are NOT paying for advertising, you are NOT allowed to post Forum classifieds. Companies in violation will be black-balled.

POLICY VIOLATIONS
    Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board who accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will be permanently banned from the Forum.