Powder Valley Sinclair Int'l Midsouth Shooters Bruno Shooters' Supply Bullets.com Shooting Supplies Lapua Products at Grafs.com Click to Donate to Site
By Clicking HERE to Shop at Amazon.com You Can Help Support the Forum.

Author Topic: Nosler Custom brass vs. Norma...  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Santee116

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Basic Member
Nosler Custom brass vs. Norma...
« on: 02:21 PM, 03/06/09 »
  • I am new to reloading so this may be a dumb question.  Which have you found to be of better quality, Nosler or Norma brass.  I am looking to buy brass for my 300 win mag and from what I have read Lapua seems to be the best, however, they don't make 300 win mag brass.  So, which would you go with?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Mikem

• Site $$ Contributor
    « Reply #1 on: 07:32 PM, 03/06/09 »
  • First off Santee, Welcome to the best reloading site on the net.
    I think you would be happy with either, but the Norma may be the best. But that's just my opinion, and I haven't used Nosler.
    Its also not unheard of for some companies to have there brass made for them, having your own brass manufacturing plant is a big deal.
    PS: No question about reloading is a dumb question, that's how we learn.
    Mike.

Offline fullersson

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+4)
    • B&B Gunworks bbgunworks.com
      • B&B Gunworks
    « Reply #2 on: 07:22 AM, 03/09/09 »
  • I'm using nosler brass and it works great since I've got it to the point that it needs to be, but right out of the box I was not impressed. I think I would have had just as much luck with winchester or some less expensive brass.
    "That's not my job." Aren't we glad the Lord didn't feel that way?

Offline boltman13

« Reply #3 on: 05:19 PM, 03/11/09 »
  • I have used Nosler 308 brass with great success in my tight necked Hunter Benchrest rifle.  With a tight chamber, and neck sizing only, with the occasional bump of the shoulder I am getting the expected long case life.  Brass was very uniform and primer pockets have stayed tight.  I have no experience with Norma in this case but I have some old Norma 257 Roberts cases I bought back in the late 1970's and they seem indestructable.  Other reloaders I know have nothing but praise for their Norma cases.

Recent Classifieds

DONATE HERE

Sold Stuff Here? Donations Keep our Classifieds Free.

Facebook LINK

Advertise

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

All sellers must have a complete Forum profile, including City, State, and VALID email address. All sellers must provide current true identity, phone number and address to buyer on request.

All sellers must enable their email and private message options.

Sellers MUST state an asking price for all listed goods, which may be supplemented by a request for offers. This site does not provide auction functionality, so there is no automated procedure to accept, qualify, or rank bids.

All sellers must mark sold items as "SOLD". And delete your ads when the transaction is complete. A "stickie" explains how to do this.

All sellers must disclose if the item is posted for sale elsewhere and state that the item is "subject to prior sale."

Any seller who uses deceptive photos, lies about key components or major defects will have his advert deleted without notice and is subject to being banned from the Forum forever.

PROHIBITED PRODUCTS

1. Damaged or bulged barrels (unless they are sold only as salvage metal and are clearly described as "not to be used with live ammunition".)

2. Loaded ammunition that has been loaded or reloaded by a private party (e.g. NOT factory-loaded ammo).

3. Hand-mixed powders of any kind, or powder of unknown origin/date/burn rate.

4. Any actions, rifles, or sound suppressors with damaged or obscured serial numbers.

5. Scopes with broken internals or broken lenses.

Commercial Ads
    Commercial businesses which are current, paying sponsors may post Classifieds. These shall be posted in the "Commercial Sales" area ONLY. If you sell products commercially, and are NOT paying for advertising, you are NOT allowed to post Forum classifieds. Companies in violation will be black-balled.

POLICY VIOLATIONS
    Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board who accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will be permanently banned from the Forum.