Powder Valley Sinclair Int'l Midsouth Shooters Bruno Shooters' Supply Bullets.com Shooting Supplies Lapua Products at Grafs.com Click to Donate to Site
By Clicking HERE to Shop at Amazon.com You Can Help Support the Forum.

Author Topic: AA 2230C -- $60/8 lbs -- Use AA 2460 Data  (Read 8172 times)

Offline Forum Boss

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ace Member
AA 2230C -- $60/8 lbs -- Use AA 2460 Data
« on: 06:12 PM, 11/23/04 »
  • Natchez is offering a super deal right now on AA 2230-C powder. $59.95 for 8 lbs. For comparison, Powder Valley is selling it now for $99 for 8 lbs. This is an excellent powder for 50-65gr bullets. Great velocity, excellent accuracy, meters well, and we have loads,use AA 2460 data) on the Varmint page. It is a double-base ball powder that works very well in .223 also. AA 2460 with a 58gr V-Max is one of Dan Dowling's favorite loads.

Natchez Shooters' Supply, item # AA2230C8

Paste this into your browser: http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?searchItem=accurate%20powder&CFID=1133448&CFTOKEN=63061978
    - - -
    bglenn
    I believe if you check closely, you will find this is AA2230-C powder. this is a slower power than the AA2230 powder. It is listed in their 2004-3 catalog st $54.95.
    - - -
    Glen, you're correct about the "C" designation. It is our understanding that this is a military compound and is a powder used in many factory-loaded .223 cartridges. We checked with Accurate about the burn rate and reloading characteristics. Here is the official word from Accurate Powders. Bottom line is that you should use AA 2460 load data.

From Accurate Powder Technical Department:

"This powder is the same burn rate as 2460 which is ever so slightly slower than the std 2230. We use the same reference powder for both 2460 and 2230-C to certify the product.

Special notes on 2230-C powder.

We do not have specific published load information for the 2230-C powder. It's a military surplus “Ball” or “Spherical” powder, which is basically a derivative of the standard AA 2230 and 2460 powders. 2230-C is slightly slower burning than the standard AA 2230 product, which makes it more equivalent to AA2460.

· You can use any published load information, on any caliber configuration, for the standard AA 2460 product AS IS.

· The powder can be used in a wide variety of caliber/configurations,too many to list here).

· For additional reloading data--Please visit our website www.accuratepowder.com ."

MODERATOR: This is still a very useful powder, particularly for lighter bullets, and $60 for 8 lbs. represents one of the best values around.

Offline NorCalMikie

• Site $$ Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+18)
    • Ace Member
    « Reply #1 on: 09:12 AM, 12/04/05 »
  • Hey Guys. I have been using AA2230C for quite a while now.,about 8 jugs) Started off with .223 and ended up using it in .308, 22.250, 30.06 and my .221 fireball as well. No load data for the fireball but a full case can get 3250 FPS with 55s. It will be used in my new toy,Savage 6BR. The price is right, it burns clean, and it meters well. Don't need any other reasons to use it.:)
    OZ never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Offline 6BR4U2

• Trade Count: (+2)
    « Reply #2 on: 10:13 AM, 12/04/05 »
  • I have used this in one of my 6br's ...it shoots very good even with a bit heavier bullets as well...a bench rest friend let me use a couple of pounds and I was pleasantly surprised.  I also emailed AA and they gave me info on the 204 ruger...has also shown fine results 27.5 grs 32 vmax at a bit over 3900fps ..being a ball powder its very smooth in the funnel and measures...good stuff

Offline flatlander

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Ace Member
    « Reply #3 on: 11:49 PM, 12/06/05 »
  • I ordered four 8lb. jugs of the stuff from Natchez a few months ago, and it's been on backorder ever since. A call to them a few weeks ago revealed that they had over 3200lbs. of it on backorder at the sale price, and had no idea when those orders would be filled. Anyone heard anything out of Natchez in regards to when they'll be getting more 2230C in?
    Regards,
    Dennis

Offline PVI

• Trade Count: (0)
    « Reply #4 on: 04:31 PM, 12/07/05 »
  • Natchez lists the 2230C on "sale" at anywhere from $65.71 to $79.95.  Their "regular" price ranges anywhere from $85.26 to $98.60.

Natchez has 2230C listed at $69.95.  Powder Valley sells the 2230C for $68.00 all of the time.  I'm not sure where you got the price of $99.00, maybe from the regular 2230.
    As of December 2005 Powder Valley has about 8,000 lbs of the 2230C in stock.  

Recent Classifieds

DONATE HERE

Sold Stuff Here? Donations Keep our Classifieds Free.

Facebook LINK

Advertise

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

All sellers must have a complete Forum profile, including City, State, and VALID email address. All sellers must provide current true identity, phone number and address to buyer on request.

All sellers must enable their email and private message options.

Sellers MUST state an asking price for all listed goods, which may be supplemented by a request for offers. This site does not provide auction functionality, so there is no automated procedure to accept, qualify, or rank bids.

All sellers must mark sold items as "SOLD". And delete your ads when the transaction is complete. A "stickie" explains how to do this.

All sellers must disclose if the item is posted for sale elsewhere and state that the item is "subject to prior sale."

Any seller who uses deceptive photos, lies about key components or major defects will have his advert deleted without notice and is subject to being banned from the Forum forever.

PROHIBITED PRODUCTS

1. Damaged or bulged barrels (unless they are sold only as salvage metal and are clearly described as "not to be used with live ammunition".)

2. Loaded ammunition that has been loaded or reloaded by a private party (e.g. NOT factory-loaded ammo).

3. Hand-mixed powders of any kind, or powder of unknown origin/date/burn rate.

4. Any actions, rifles, or sound suppressors with damaged or obscured serial numbers.

5. Scopes with broken internals or broken lenses.

Commercial Ads
    Commercial businesses which are current, paying sponsors may post Classifieds. These shall be posted in the "Commercial Sales" area ONLY. If you sell products commercially, and are NOT paying for advertising, you are NOT allowed to post Forum classifieds. Companies in violation will be black-balled.

POLICY VIOLATIONS
    Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board who accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will be permanently banned from the Forum.